Does Captain Marvins Video your trip?

wendya2J

We used Captain Marvin's and they did have a videographer on board. However, I do think that this is sporadic and not on all of their excursions. You may want to email Ruth at Captain Marvin's and ask her about your specific date and time.

Wendy, Captain Marvin's doesn't actually do the videotaping themselves. They invite a company (VIP Productions, I believe) to be on all of the longer stingray snorkeling tours. For the shorter tours or the tour we are on, which is the glassbottom boat snorkeling tour, VIP probably wouldn't routinely be on it. But you can request VIP to videotape it. That's what we did on a shorter tour. You should contact Ruth and let her know you would like to have it videotaped and she'll probably give you the VIP email to make the request.

You can tell VIP that at least one of the other families on our tour is interested purchasing a tape/DVD. You might also post on our board and ask the other folks who are coming on our excursion. The more likely it is VIP will sell several of these, the more likely it is they'll videotape it.

Kathy

here's what I got from Ruth last week..

We can ask VIP Productions if they could have a videographer on that trip. They do both video and DVD, and the cost of the video including postage and handling is US$50, and the DVD is approx. $65, I believe.

Nancy

I got this mixed up with one of the other threads I subscribed to. Yes I was talking aabout the Dolphin and Sea Lion Swim. Although I"m thinking about using Captain Marvins for the stingray swim. Too may swim wxcursions gone on in my head right now. Would my husband be allowed to go on the excursion I'm going on(stingrays) even if he does'nt do the excursion? He would like to watch and take pictures. Thanks and have a great day. CJ ;);)

Your husband can go but he pays the same. I had asked Ruth about this for some friends of ours. By the way, I heard from them and they are taking reservations now for after October 29. They lost one both and 2 of their 3 locations but will be opening for business when the cruise ships start coming into port.

Archived