freestyle dining majesty questions

CMM

I am giving some serious consideration to a Sept cruise on the Majesty to Bermuda as it is the right time and departs close to home.

I took a cruise 18 yrs ago on NCl, but am more familar with other lines.

How does dinner work on the Majesty. I understand you can make reservations, but if you don't what is the procedure? Do they give you a beeper when your table is ready? I wouldn't mind a wait if we could enjoy a drink etc. We wouldn't be happy waiting in lines. Are you assigned a room or is it your choice each night? Can you make reservations from your cabin phone?

How are things different at lunch?

What meals are extra charge (dinner & lunch)

Thanks so much for any information!

I understand you can make reservations, but if you don't what is the procedure? You can only make ressies in Le Bistro & Pasta cafe OR, if you have a group larger than 10, you can make ressies at 7 Seas or 4 Seasons.

Do they give you a beeper when your table is ready? No.

I wouldn't mind a wait if we could enjoy a drink etc. We wouldn't be happy waiting in lines. There is a bar in the hallway on deck 5 a little ways from 7 Seas & it's around the corner from 4 Seasons. You have to be careful, though, because a couple times they said we'd have to wait & our wait was about 30 seconds one time & a few minutes another. Once we did wait much longer (maybe 25 mins or so.) But if you stray too far you might lose your table & have to wait again.

Are you assigned a room or is it your choice each night? You can eat wherever & whenever you want ... 4 Seasons had more likelihood of a wait if you ate during the busiest hours but we preferred 4 Seasons so we waited!

Can you make reservations from your cabin phone? I don't know ... we were always out & about so we'd just stop by the reservation desk mid-ship on deck 5 & look over the menus. We only made one ressie that week.

How are things different at lunch? There is no dress code & the hours are shorter. 4 Seasons was NOT open for lunch. I believe 7 Seas, Le Bistro (for suite guests, I think) & the buffet on deck 10 are open.

What meals are extra charge (dinner & lunch) Le Bistro = $15/person

I think I got that all right!

do you have a token, i'm kind of confused as well. If I wanted to get up and have breakfast, then have lunch and a second smaller snack, then dinner, is that okay or do you need to have three or four set meals a day

do you have a token, i'm kind of confused as well. If I wanted to get up and have breakfast, then have lunch and a second smaller snack, then dinner, is that okay or do you need to have three or four set meals a day

As long as the venue is open, you can dine. Have 3 breakfasts if you want, 2 lunches, snack all day...order room service...hit up the buffet and the dining room. Freestyle at its finest. :)

If I understand your question, the answer is no, you can come and go to any dining option as often as you like.

The buffet (Cafe Royale) on Deck 10 FWD is open most of the day for breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner, and you can go as often as you like. The grill (burgers/dogs) on Deck 10 AFT is open from noon thru evening, and is another place to snack. The dining rooms are more structured in terms of availability, dress code, etc., but they do not 'check you in'.

Sorry if this is a bit too specific for this thread, but does any one remember what other foods are served at the grill (Piazza San Marco?) besides burgers and pizza? Does it serve fish as in pub fish & chips? Thanks.

If I understand your question, the answer is no, you can come and go to any dining option as often as you like.

The buffet (Cafe Royale) on Deck 10 FWD is open most of the day for breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner, and you can go as often as you like. The grill (burgers/dogs) on Deck 10 AFT is open from noon thru evening, and is another place to snack. The dining rooms are more structured in terms of availability, dress code, etc., but they do not 'check you in'.

thanks thats exactly what I was asking

as others have said there is no "token" you go to any venue at any time(except the ones that need a reservation) during the hours that they are open(the Lattitude newspaper in your room gives you the daily hours which vary slightly from day to day). You see the maitre d by the door and they sit you when a table is available. Most of the time the only wait is to be seated. You can have as many breakfasts, dinners lunch's and snacks as you want. If you want seconds of anything(except the main course at the pay restaurant) they will bring it to you if you ask.

Many times you can go to the pay restaurant without a reservation and they will accommodate you if they can.

and of course there is always room service(included as well)....

Sorry if this is a bit too specific for this thread, but does any one remember what other foods are served at the grill (Piazza San Marco?) besides burgers and pizza? Does it serve fish as in pub fish & chips? Thanks.

They served Grilled chicken, ribs, italian sausage as well.

They always had salad, french fries, ice cream, chips and salsa. I never saw fish and chips though. . .

They had different items on different days

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They served Grilled chicken, ribs, italian sausage as well.

They always had salad, french fries, ice cream, chips and salsa. I never saw fish and chips though. . .

They had different items on different days

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Thanks Radio!

Ganders,

Check out Radio's Cruise Album (link is at the bottom of his post). He sailed on Majesty to Bermuda a few weeks ago and posted wonderful photos, menus, the ship's daily papers, etc. It's awesome.

BTW -- We're going to Bermuda from Philly on 9/27.

as others have said there is no "token" you go to any venue at any time(except the ones that need a reservation) during the hours that they are open(the Lattitude newspaper in your room gives you the daily hours which vary slightly from day to day). You see the maitre d by the door and they sit you when a table is available. Most of the time the only wait is to be seated. You can have as many breakfasts, dinners lunch's and snacks as you want. If you want seconds of anything(except the main course at the pay restaurant) they will bring it to you if you ask.

Many times you can go to the pay restaurant without a reservation and they will accommodate you if they can.

and of course there is always room service(included as well)....

with room service i would expect there is a tip, how much should you tip for room service?

Ganders' date='

Check out Radio's Cruise Album (link is at the bottom of his post). He sailed on Majesty to Bermuda a few weeks ago and posted wonderful photos, menus, the ship's daily papers, etc. It's awesome.

BTW -- We're going to Bermuda from Philly on 9/27.[/quote']Thanks, I followed his live posts and do need to check out all of his info -- he has done a tremendous job! :)

Yea, you could get 2 dinners at one restuarant or do a dining-venue crawl & eat a dinner at each one! Once I got a second appetizer. Once I got 2 entrees. A couple times we got 2 desserts. One time we ate dinner at 7 Seas & then went over to 4 Seasons for a second dessert. It's all up to you. The thing is, we found we did not eat as much as we thought we were going to. We imagined eating all day just because it was there. We found we just weren't hungry enough to do that ... we were pleased that we weren't as piggish as we had intended to be!!

Oh, & as I mentioned, you do pay extra at Le Bistro. I forgot to add that there are a few menu items that require an additional charge above the $15. I don't know what they are since we didn't eat there ... I imagine the items are costly steaks or something?

my dh and i had two of the additionally priced items on the le bistro menu. one was braised lobster tail (i never in my life had lobster before our trip on Majesty). i have to add that it came with what was, to me, an unlikely veggie mix that turned out to be wonderful...as good as the lobster to me because i'm a veggie lover. this dish had fava beans (never had those before either), corn and cabbage. doesn't sound good, right...but you'd be wrong. it was great. the other thing we paid extra for was the 32 oz. rib eye for two. that was also very good. these dishes were an extra $10 ($20 for the rib eye because it was for two people).

also, while we waited to be seated in four seasons on day 6 someone served free champagne to those adults who waited. i didn't partake but it was nice of them to offer. speaking of which, be a bit careful picking up an offered glass of champagne. it isn't always free, as was the case at the chocoholics buffet. the poor gent next to me picked up a glass and quickly set it back down on the tray when he was asked for his on board card.

try le bistro, it was very good. and say "hi" to Anwar aka "Frank from NY"

do you have a token,

Our party of 6 usually went to Four Seasons at 8:15 or 8:30 since there was usually (almost) immediate seating. (We always asked to be seated in Annaliza's station because she was so extraordinary.) One night, when we went a little earlier, I was given a small laminated number to hang onto, which was surrendered when our number was called. It was helpful to know that we had #40 and they were seating #21. I told Corina, the Maitre'd, that we were in the Rendezvous Lounge while we waited, so they'd know where we were.

If there are not many people waiting, they don't give out tokens.

Sue

Archived