Question for RECENT Serenade Cruisers

I read here recently that because of the norovirus problem on the Serenade, the news headlines were not being printed up and made available. Not sure how noro affects that. We will be on the Serenade for 28 days (I know - we suffer:D ), and DH LOVES to get up to the library to read his news. Any new information on that? Any noro problems recently on the Serenade?

We were on the Serenade 6/14-21/08. There were no books in the library the entire week. The morning of 6/21 we noticed that the library had been re-stocked. We did received Cruise Compasses each night and I saw them at the pursers desk as well. I did not see any regular newspapers anywhere on the ship during our week aboard.

-JC in CA

I was on the Seremade 21st June to 28th June,no problems,everything was normal,Library was stocked,no restictions in the dining rooms.In fact I never realised there had been a Noro Virus problem.The only thing I noticed that staff were making sure everyone used the hand sanitisers at the dining rooms and on returning to the ship after port calls,but this also happened on our last cruise in SA on the Infinity so I did not think this was anything but the norm.

We were on the Serenade June 28th to July 5th and were not aware of anyone getting sick. I too was concerned after reading the message boards prior to our cruise. We used Lysol and extra wipes when we got to our room on the first day. There were a lot of hand sanitizers throughout the ship but that was all.

Thanks, Everyone. Appreciate your comments, and things sound good.

JC: The news sheets I am referring to are not regular newspapers but special news clips printed up in many different languages and distributed in the library. Some people don't know RCCL does this. We really miss it when we go on NCL. You might enjoy them next time you cruise.

petesweet-

There was absolutely nothing in the library when we were there. There was a note on the shelves- something about re-stocking the library. Good to know about the news sheets- will look for them next time!

I read here recently that because of the norovirus problem on the Serenade, the news headlines were not being printed up and made available. Not sure how noro affects that. We will be on the Serenade for 28 days (I know - we suffer:D ), and DH LOVES to get up to the library to read his news. Any new information on that? Any noro problems recently on the Serenade?

We had a lovely time just a few weeks ago. Many of our fellow cruisers (myself included) got terribly sick the last day after getting off the ship.

The paper and fresh ink gets handled by a lot of folks so they tend NOT to print them. The Schooner bar has a TV that's usually set to CNN or something similar.

They did have Noro problems for 2 cruises after ours but I think things have settled back down.

We had a terrible outbreak on our 2007 cruise on Liberty-it ruined the whole trip. I would have cancelled had I known what the dreaded week was going to be like.

Archived