Ultimate Balcony Dinner - Alaska

linaka625

Is it too cold for the ultimate balcony dinner in Alaska? We did the lobster on the balcony for my husband's 50th birthday on the CB last March, and want to do the same for my birthday next June on the Star Princess.

Is it too cold for the ultimate balcony dinner in Alaska? We did the lobster on the balcony for my husband's 50th birthday on the CB last March, and want to do the same for my birthday next June on the Star Princess.

Yes most of the time way too cold. :)

Yes most of the time way too cold. :)

When we sailed on the Diamond in July 2005, some nights at sea were cold, but the nights in port were fine. We were in a PH Suite and ordered what we wanted.

Last year (07), one of our company VP's went in May and had the UBD and loved it! In port dinner was fantastic and he said worth every penny. He also was on the Diamond Princess (at my sugestion and thank goodness he had a great time). I guess it just depends on the weather?;)

When we sailed on the Diamond in July 2005, some nights at sea were cold, but the nights in port were fine. We were in a PH Suite and ordered what we wanted.

Last year (07), one of our company VP's went in May and had the UBD and loved it! In port dinner was fantastic and he said worth every penny. He also was on the Diamond Princess (at my sugestion and thank goodness he had a great time). I guess it just depends on the weather?;)

I agree but how do you know that ahead of time???

Too risky as you have to book it a day or two in advance at the least.

To the OP.....

You could have them set it up in the cabin.

Talk with the room service supervisor when you board and ask if it can be done.

Does the ultimate balcony dinner have to be set up on the balcony? Can it be set up just inside the sliding glass door if it's too cold outside?

Absolutely! We ordered the UBD twice during our last Mexican Riviera cruise and the second night it was very cold and windy so they simply set it up inside the cabin and it was just as great.

Mike:)

I agree but how do you know that ahead of time???

Too risky as you have to book it a day or two in advance at the least.

To the OP.....

You could have them set it up in the cabin.

Talk with the room service supervisor when you board and ask if it can be done.

Risky? The weather in Alaska changes daily and by the minute. I would not bet $10 on tomorrows forecast. If you book the UBD one or two days in advance and the night of your dinner it is too cold, pouring down rain or blowing 30 mph, I believe you could eat inside or reschedule. Our VP did when the weather did not cooperate on the first night their UBD was planned. Princess rescheduled the dinner. When he asked what would happen if next time the weather was poor could he cancel and Princess said yes.

Archived