Winter 2009 Cruisers!

Hi everyone!

Well I have about 25-30 lbs to lose. I started going to the gym etc about two months ago (before I booked a cruise) but now that we are cruising in January I have even more motivation. I want to be proud of myself in our photos and be one of those people who wants to show them off. Anyone have advice where to find a good resource for gym workout plans etc. Anyone want to join me on my quest? We can discuss workouts, progress etc. Maybe, we can start a winter cruisers group??

I really like sparkpeople.com

I've lost 30 lbs since about february of this year ... we are also cruising January of '09 and I want to buy my first ever bikini :cool:

check it out :)

I'm cruising in January as well. I have been working on losing since the end of our last cruise in March. I've managed to lose 12 lbs since then. It's been more difficult to lose this time around, but I think I've finally found the plan that works for me. I'm doing Weight Watchers on my own, and started excercising a few months ago. I've been doing Turbo Jam several times a week, and today I started 30 day shred workout. Oh My! I hope I can move tomorrow. By the way my muscles feel right now, if I can stay with this I know I will have some results. I won't be able to do it every day but I hope to be able to combine the two plans ( I love Turbo Jam and don't want to stop doing that... it's so fun).

My before picture is actually from our cruise... me in a swim suit on a speed boat excursion:o .

How amazing it would be to be in a bikini. I haven't even been in a two piece suit since I was 15!

I have at least 23 lbs to lose but would like to lose 30.

It will be fun to have discussions with others with similar goals. Count me in:) .

Hi.

Turbo Jam is a workout series with kickboxing type moves. The leader is very easy to listen to while you do the routines and the music just sticks in your head. The gal on 30 day shred is very hard to listen to while you're trying to do the excercises. I had to mute the sound because I couldn't stand to hear her anymore!

When is your weigh in day? Mine is Sunday or Monday depending on how "thin" I feel in the mornings:D .

I don't really have a weigh in day but mayby I should make it a Monday too and we can report back to eachother. I would like to someone to report too to keep me accountable. Its only 30 lbs but so far that isn't as easy as it sounds :) Why did I even think it sounded easy??

I don't really have a weigh in day but mayby I should make it a Monday too and we can report back to eachother. I would like to someone to report too to keep me accountable. Its only 30 lbs but so far that isn't as easy as it sounds :) Why did I even think it sounded easy??

When I was in my 20's and early 30's it was fairly easy for me to lose weight if I set my mind to it. At 31 after my last child was born I lost 60lbs. Of course I gained most of it back again. This time I realize that weight loss is not as simple or clear cut as it once was. There's the idea that if you eat too little you go into starvation mode. Then if you excercise you may gain muscle and therefore do not lose pounds as quickly as you do if you are more sedentary with calorie restrictions. I snuck on the scale this morning just to see how I was doing... hoping I would be pleasantly surprised because I have been working out really hard this week and staying OP, and no loss at all:confused: but then again I didn't gain anything! I also think this humid and hot weather makes me a little more dehydrated. Any way... I will weigh again in the morning just to see, but I won't be too discouraged if I haven't lost anything because I know I have to have a calorie deficit with the way I have been working out. Does anyone have any thoughts about the excercise and muscle weight issue? I wish I had taken my measurements before I started this weight loss and fitness routine but I didnt and don't want to know numbers until I look and feel as slender as I want to be. I bought a smaller size of jeans so that I can try them on and gage inches lost that way.

Hi Misty,

I do know that in the beginning you will begin to gain muscle mass and therefore you may look a bit more toned, but the scale will not reflect that. The thing is the more muscle you have the quicker and easier it is for you to burn fat. So gain your muscle and eventually you will start to lose the fat. At least that is always what I thought :D.

Thanks!

I did step on the scale this am and I am down .8 lb so I don't feel so bad. Drinking lots of water today and staying OP. How is your Monday going?

I still need to work out today. I think I may do the 20 min TJ and then later do the shred. I'm finally able to sit down without holding on to the chair :D LOL! My legs have been so sore! Thank goodness for Advil !

Where are all the winter cruisers? I've given up the shred DVD... just couldn't stand it. I find I do most of the same moves on Turbojam but I enjoy that workout. I can even do the Jumping Jacks and jump rope but on the shred dvd I absolutely hate doing them! Weight down another 1.4 lb since last week:D . I really haven't been very good with activity last week either. I figure if I continue to lose at this rate I will be at goal by my cruise date. Problem is.... my summer clothes will all be too big!

I am a winter cruiser too! I had been trying to do this on my own and did actually lose about 5 #. Decided to go to WW, and discovered my scale has issues. It is digital and set at zero but I am wondering if the batteries are low. I read 189 in the morning in my birthday suit, then at WW (6 pm) I was 193.8 wearing undies, shorts and a tee and flip flops. I can't believe those clothes weighed almost 5 #....maybe I am heavier at night. :( Who knows.

Started on kickstart with WW. First day was hard, but I am on day 4 and doing great. My WW goal weight is 155, and I would like to at least be at 160-162 for my cruise in February (sailing on my 50th birthday!!:D). I am on 3 threads (WW, my own, and this one) so with lots of support and encouragement, and my own willpower and hard work I WILL DO IT!!!!!

Hi everyone! I'm in! I am cruising Liberty 1/17/09 and want to lose 25 lbs. I haven't weighed yet, but I will tomorrow a.m. and see if there's a difference on Monday a.m. I have gotten rid of sugar and white flour, have been exercising and weight training on alternate days, and have been walking every chance I get (to the grocery store, Target, etc.). I am feeling great, and my clothes are fitting better.

Just ordered myself a serious skipping rope! hope it works

Millykin

We call them "jump ropes" :D . It's a great cardio work out. All my work out videos have some jump rope minutes included. It's funny how as a child I used to jump rope all the time without breaking a sweat or getting out of breath. Now I need two excercise bras and can barely breathe after jumping for just a minute!

Went running this morning. Weighed myself yesterday morning so that I can have a baseline for the monday a.m. weigh ins. I wasn't happy about the number, but it wasn't too bad, either. Had friends over for dinner last night, so I don't expect to have lost anything by tomorrow, but the run felt good.

Jennifer you are booked on Oasis for 2010? Which itinerary is that? We are thinking about booking when it opens up for C&A members.:)

No we are not booked yet. I am just planning that we will be on that cruise and hopeful that we will be able to book a cabin! It opens up later this month, so we will soon see what happens!

First week done at weight watchers and I am down 4.8# :D:D:D

The first day was a killer, but I hung in there. How are you all doing?????

Congrats on the weight loss!! I lost 1.4 # this week which makes it 15 total so far. One more pound until I reach 10%. I had the snack attack this afternoon.. couldn't get enough but kept it to low point snacks so I have 5 more left for this evening. Did some weight training this afternoon. I think I will mix up my calorie intake differently this week and alternate strength training with cardio and see if I can speed up this weight loss thing. I know... 1-2# per week is a healthy pace, but I would love to get a little closer to my goal a little faster. If I could lose 2# solid each week it would be ok, but this 1# and some change isn't going to get me to my goal in time for our cruise in January. :mad:

Archived