recommendations for private tours in Atlantic Canada

I'll be curious to find out if anything exists. The private tours we took were in mini-vans that could only seat a maximum of 7 (plus the driver).

I am looking for recommendations for private tours for 8 people for the following ports:

Sydney, Nova Scotia

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

Quebec City, Quebec

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Thank you.

I'll be curious to find out if anything exists. The private tours we took were in mini-vans that could only seat a maximum of 7 (plus the driver).

Right now we are just a party of four so could you share about your private tours?

Right now we are just a party of four so could you share about your private tours?

Sure. We only had two.

The first was in Sydney with Tartan Tours. Diane picked us up as scheduled and whisked us to the Fortress of Louisberg, getting there before it opened and well ahead of the bus tours. Then she met us at a prearranged place at the other side of the village 2.5 hours later (we had her cell number in case we wanted to change the time, but that amount of time was very good -- a bit rushed but we had a second stop we wante to make). Then she took us to the Miners Museum in Glace Bay, where we had a tour of a formerly working mine. Along the way she told us various things about Cape Breton Island and her family's own history, and played some music CDs for us. And finally back to the ship. She was with us about 8 hours and the cost was $400 plus tax.

The other was in Bar Harbor. We explored the town on our own in the morning and arranged for "At Your Service Taxi" to pick us up right after lunch for a tour of Acadia National Park. One of their regular tourguides came and got us at our restaurant and we had a nice 2 or 2.5 hour tour of the park, stopping wherever we wanted for however much time we wanted -- no need to follow the crowd. Again, we could have used more time but that was all the time we had. The cost was $70/hr.

Very happy with both tours.

About the other cities on the list: for Quebec and Halifax, if you've never been, you can really just stay in town and see everything on your own. No need to leave town and no need for a guide.

In Charlottetown we rented a car from Discount Car Rental and were very happy with them. They came and got us and then dropped us off again at the pier -- and THEN came back to deliver a sweater we'd forgotten in their van.

I am looking for recommendations for private tours for 8 people for the following ports:

Sydney, Nova Scotia

Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

Quebec City, Quebec

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Thank you.

Hello, there,

I have organized day tours for those ports for our

Sept 25th Explorer sailing; if you will e-mail me, I'll send them to you. :) texascruzinlady@yahoo.com

Cruzin Lady

Sure. We only had two.

The first was in Sydney with Tartan Tours. Diane picked us up as scheduled and whisked us to the Fortress of Louisberg, getting there before it opened and well ahead of the bus tours. Then she met us at a prearranged place at the other side of the village 2.5 hours later (we had her cell number in case we wanted to change the time, but that amount of time was very good -- a bit rushed but we had a second stop we wante to make). Then she took us to the Miners Museum in Glace Bay, where we had a tour of a formerly working mine. Along the way she told us various things about Cape Breton Island and her family's own history, and played some music CDs for us. And finally back to the ship. She was with us about 8 hours and the cost was $400 plus tax.

The other was in Bar Harbor. We explored the town on our own in the morning and arranged for "At Your Service Taxi" to pick us up right after lunch for a tour of Acadia National Park. One of their regular tourguides came and got us at our restaurant and we had a nice 2 or 2.5 hour tour of the park, stopping wherever we wanted for however much time we wanted -- no need to follow the crowd. Again, we could have used more time but that was all the time we had. The cost was $70/hr.

Very happy with both tours.

About the other cities on the list: for Quebec and Halifax, if you've never been, you can really just stay in town and see everything on your own. No need to leave town and no need for a guide.

In Charlottetown we rented a car from Discount Car Rental and were very happy with them. They came and got us and then dropped us off again at the pier -- and THEN came back to deliver a sweater we'd forgotten in their van.

Thank you for the information.

Archived