Halifax- Tallship Mar comments anyone?

Thank you, but I have already emailed Murphy's and they are not doing the cruise for general public booking when we will be there. I guess that's why it is almost twice the price through the ship. But I am not all that concerned with the price, I was just wondering if anyone can comment on how scenic or fun or anything like that.

Scenic will depend on the weather. I adore being in Halifax! That said I've been there is all sorts of weather including days when I would not have paid to go out on a boat.

It is fun just being out on the Big Harbour! If you want a cheap outing, take the ferry over to Dartmouth and then back again. The ferry building is just past Murphy's and Theodore's dock. Link to ferry information: http://www.halifax.ca/metrotransit/ferries.html

All said and done if the day is not perfectly beautiful I would prefer to be in either or both the Pier 21 Immigation Museum next to where your ship docks and the Maritime Museum which is not far from Murphy's. It is a joy just to be in Halifax.

Good fun in Halifax doesn't have to cost big money! There is a tourist information building on the board walk on your way to Murphy's area as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I have grown up in Halifax, and have done the Mar II a couple of times. If I had a choice, I would do the Harbour Hopper instead. It does a city tour and then a water tour. Great fun!!

Was there last week. Took the harbour tour on the tall-ship Silva. The people were nice. The information was good. The ship was nice. The fog was heavy. Most of the time we could only just see one side of the harbour if we stayed close to shore. It was interesting to be on the harbour and hearing all the other boats fog horns very close and not being able to see them. On the return trip the fog had lifted just enough so that we could just barely make out the outline of Town Clock.

Archived