Embarkation Question

TravelLisa

I am bringing my 1-1/2 year old with me on the cruise, we have 40 friends and family leaving on the Dawn this Sunday.

My question is this.

I am bringing a Big bottle of water and container of Milk for the baby. I am going to carry this on, as opposed to stuffing in my suitcase. Are they going to make me open the containers before going thru? I know they probably check everyone and their mother for "illegal" alcohol onboard, and didn't know if by bringing the water will get me harrased.

I am bringing my 1-1/2 year old with me on the cruise, we have 40 friends and family leaving on the Dawn this Sunday.

My question is this.

I am bringing a Big bottle of water and container of Milk for the baby. I am going to carry this on, as opposed to stuffing in my suitcase. Are they going to make me open the containers before going thru? I know they probably check everyone and their mother for "illegal" alcohol onboard, and didn't know if by bringing the water will get me harrased.

I would think that if they see the baby they won't even ask. With regards to the milk i trust you have checked the size to see that it can fit in frig.

They have whole milk and 2% or skim (not sure which) in the buffet area.

I am guessing the OP is talking about milk and water just for the travel part until they get settled? They have great water and lots of milk onboard.

In any event, the biggest hassle you MIGHT get is someone asking what it is. Thirty seconds later and you are on your way.

And let me step out of line and suggest something that will save a bit of your own sanity, especially when traveling with an infant. Do not, repeat do not try to all check in and meet someplace to board together. You will be spending lots of time waiting for that one last person and the baby will not be happy. Pick a meeting place sometime after boarding.

Thanks for the quick responses. Yes, I'm just bringing enough for the baby for really the first day or so, then I will get what i need onboard. As for waiting for everyone, yeah thats not going to happen, we'll all do our own check in thing and meet onboard the ship..the lines i'm sure will be long and it will be hot. Not to mention trying to carry what I have to and the baby.

:)

Archived