Belize City is Port: Scuba?

SantaAna,CA

Good luck. We have always been forced to dive with the ship because unless you have 4 divers none of the shops in Belize City want to deal with you. Note - after diving with the ship twice in Belize we have decided to skip diving in Belize on our cruise in November.

Good luck. We have always been forced to dive with the ship because unless you have 4 divers none of the shops in Belize City want to deal with you. Note - after diving with the ship twice in Belize we have decided to skip diving in Belize on our cruise in November.

Why is that? The snorkeling is excellent, is it a cattle boat syndrome?

Jane, there are lots of options for Belize. Do a search on this thread and you'll see. We do usually dive with the ship just because of the time issue, and have always had a great time. Yes, there are quite a few divers on the dive boat, but the boat is big and there's always 1 dive master for every 6 divers. They use Huge Parkey. I'd hate to see you miss this stop since we believe Belize is one of the premier dive spots in the caribbean (and we've dove in LOTS of different locations). If you really don't want to dive with the ship then contact Seasports http://www.seasportsbelize.com/ in Belize City. Earl (a frequent poster here) suggests taking the short hop to Ambregris Caye (via little plane) and diving there (also very nice). :)

Thank you for the link, that's exactly what I needed. I cruise on Seabourn, a small ship that does not have scuba diving options on their shore excursions. So I always book ahead on the internet. Thanks again!

Jane

Don't miss Belize. The diving is well worth the added trouble. I am always surprised to see people on this board saying they had less than spectacular experiences there. We loved the extended boat trip to the sites and thought the marine life was spectacular.

Archived