Miami: Before and After Cruise - HELP!

We are sailing out of Miami on The Freedom on November 9th. We will be flying in the night before the cruise, arriving at about 8:15 pm. Here is what we are looking for: First of all, we will need 3 rooms for the night before the cruise. When we get back to Miami after the cruise (Nov. 16th) we will need something to do until our flight leaves at 3:40 pm. Having never been to Miami, we dont know what to expect or have any idea what to do. We are a party of 10 (7 adults and 3 children, 15, 13 & 9). In a perfect world :-)...it would be really nice to find a hotel with airport shuttle, transportation to and from the pier...and would hold our luggage for us when we return from the cruise until we have to head back to the airport. I'm probably asking for too much, but I'm hoping someone can give me some suggestions. Thank you for your help!! :)

The InterContinental Hotel Miami is very nice, just a few minute's walk from Bayside Market Place, and close to the port. Many find good rates on hotwire and priceline for this hotel. And you can see the ships from some of the rooms!

For after your cruise, I'd recommend booking a shore excursion with Royal Caribbean. There are two excursions offered since you have a flight that departs after 3 p.m. One is an Everglades airboat tour. The cruiseline will take your luggage and you are dropped off at the airport after the excursion. Have a great cruise!

We love the Intercontinental or the Hyatt for the night prior. For the day after if your flight is late you may be one of the last groups to disembark the ship and since you should be at the airport 2 hours before your flight heading right there is what I would do and spend that money on something else worthwile during the cruise!!

HAPPY CRUISING!

Thank you all so much! I never thought about doing an excursion after the cruise...what a great idea! I will look into that as soon as I can view the excursions on-line...they are not available yet. And thank you for the hotel suggestions...you are all wonderful :)

Hotheels- The post cruise excursions are available now on RC's website (for 2008). Just click on 'browse by ship and sail date'. You can view excursions by each port on your itinerary, including Miami. There are two choices for Miami...but be sure to select the one for the airport you are flying home from. One offers Miami Airport dropoff and one is Ft. Lauderdale airport dropoff. :)

After the cruise, the Everglades airboat tour is very nice. They secure your luggage on the bus, and drop you off at the airport afterwards.

I encourage you to check this out... one great experience for adults and young people.... and not what you find anywhere else... and RCCL makes it very easy... win,win, win.

Archived