How do we get from Manhattan Cruise Terminal .....

Sue's Mom

to one of the Gray Line downtown tour ticket sales locations? Would it be advisable to take a taxi and, if so, can someone tell me the likely cost please?

Our cruise ship is scheduled to dock at 7am in October and sails again at 5pm, so not long enough in port.

You have plenty of time to take whatever tour of Manhattan that you want. From the terminal to downtown Manhattan will be only 15 minutes or so and I can't imagine the taxi fare will be much more than $10 or so.

Jan - if you go to www.coachusa.com you'll find information on the Grey Line tours and hop on/hop off buses. If it's the hop on/hop off bus you want the first stop for the downtown loop is Broadway between 47th and 48th St. (that's actually midtown Manhattan) and you can buy tickets there. If you want to go to that stop it's walkable from the piers.

I think you would be docking around 49th or 50th St on the West Side. You could walk crosstown from 12th Ave to Broadway and then just walk over two blocks to 47th/48th St. The crosstown blocks are long but if you're used to walking, it shouldn't take more than 15 or 20 minutes.

If you want to go all the way downtown by cab it shouldn't be more than 10 or 15 minutes and $10 -$15 - it'll depend on traffic.

Jan - if you go to www.coachusa.com you'll find information on the Grey Line tours and hop on/hop off buses. If it's the hop on/hop off bus you want the first stop for the downtown loop is Broadway between 47th and 48th St. (that's actually midtown Manhattan) and you can buy tickets there. If you want to go to that stop it's walkable from the piers.

I think you would be docking around 49th or 50th St on the West Side. You could walk crosstown from 12th Ave to Broadway and then just walk over two blocks to 47th/48th St. The crosstown blocks are long but if you're used to walking, it shouldn't take more than 15 or 20 minutes.

If you want to go all the way downtown by cab it shouldn't be more than 10 or 15 minutes and $10 -$15 - it'll depend on traffic.

Brilliant info - thank you very much.

Archived