Ziplining Costa Rica-Panama Canal Cruise

crusinpeg

I hope this doesn't get moved to the port of call boards because I never get a reply there..anyway..does anyone know if there is a ship sponsered

shore excursion in Limon that includes zipling?

If not what is the best way to find an excursion for this?

I've read about Oscar Brown but it sounds like he only does tours for groups and its only two of us.

I recently signed up for excursions on our October cruise to the Panama Canal on the Island Princess.

As a result of the research I did before the sign-ups became available, I know that all the Princess-sponsored excursions for Limon, Costa Rica are listed on the Princess website. They include both zip-line tours and gondola tours...

Take your pick...but IMHO, if you want to take pictures of the rainforest canopy, and have a longer look at the surroundings from that perspective, sign up for the gondola tour. It looks like ziplining is quite quick!

Did you check the Princess web site for shore excursions. As Boiler Cruiser mentioned I also went there and found at least 2 zip-lining excursions for you to choose.

Marilyn

Did you check the Princess web site for shore excursions. As Boiler Cruiser mentioned I also went there and found at least 2 zip-lining excursions for you to choose.

Marilyn

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anything that specifically stated ziplining for Limon.

Which ones?

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anything that specifically stated ziplining for Limon.

Which ones?

CruisinPeg...

There is a ziplining tour listed on the "Excursions" page of the Princess website. It is called the "Original Canopy Tour Limon".

I notice that you are taking an October 12 cruise on the Coral. It could be that the "Original Canopy Tour Limon" for your cruise is sold out.

It does not appear on my October 27 cruise list either...likely because it is sold out (given I know it was there when my DW and I signed up for our excrusions about 3 weeks ago).

It may show up again if they add more "sections", but until then you might have to do the gondola tour instead (if it is still available for your cruise date).

Besides the one that Boilcer Cruiser mentiuoned above there is also one called Veragua Rainforest and Canopy Adventures. You will find these under panama Canal, then Limon Costa Rica. Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Thanks guys soooo much for your help..I did find the Original Canopy Tour and that is the one I just reserved. I'm really just interested in trying ziplining (unless I chicken out) and this tour sounds great.Other people on these boards have said that the gondola ride is just looking down at a bunch of tree tops.

Don't knowe if this is true or not. Does anyone know how long the actual zipline part on this tour is?

Archived