Pier at Labadee

Keryel

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the pictures makethegrade.

We won't be there until next April and hopefully they will be done by then. :D

Did I hear there was going to be a roller coaster there? :eek: Haven't been to Labadee in a few years.

Mary

Did I hear there was going to be a roller coaster there? :eek: Haven't been to Labadee in a few years.

Mary

The rumored roller coastal won't be one of those long, big, high monstrosities of US theme parks. It is rumored to be a low-to-the ground toboggan kind of thing that snakes along the ground at thrilling speed. Someone here has posted pictures of similar devices.

Strangely enough, no one has spoken of it in a very long time. I don't know if it was just a rumor or if one is actually being constructed or if so, when it will be finished.

[quote name='HeavySurf']OK, I did a search. The new "roller coastal" is called an "Alpine Coaster". I cannot find the picture. It is supposed to be ready on Labadee when all the other new features are ready for Oasis and Allure.

I'll keep looking and see if I can find a photo of a similar ride.[/quote]
Thanks for the info. I searched on the RCCL boards and found this thread which shows a similar coaster. Pretty interesting. :D

[URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=941859&highlight=alpine+coaster[/URL]

Archived