caribbean calling cards...

onehotpooh

ive seen special calling phone cards for the caribbean. i have verizon. will verizon work ? what about the charges ? are we better off getting a card. back in 1997 , we placed a call from cabo and the 15 minute call cost like 130 bucks so id rather get a card instead of trying to figure things out later with a huge bill.

pooh

Which islands are you going to visit?

I can tell you that with Verizon, Puerto Rico is free. If I remember correctly, there is a small charge from St. Thomas, St. Maarten was either 60¢ or $1.20/minute.

You can check the Verizon web site for international call information.

Lew

On my Altell phone I had service with no extra fee on both Puerto Rico and St. Thomas. A friend traveling with me also had service in Tortola and Grand Turk ... but I don't know if he had an added charge. Some wireless companies allow you to add international service but I don't know the rate structure. Check with your provider! Have a great trip.

you need to call verizon immediately. dail 611. tell them you are going out of country, and they need to set your phone to be able to dial and accept calls out of country. It used to take approx. 2 weeks for the update to go thru. Maybe now, technology is quicker!

My son went to spring break to Jamaica 2 yrs ago. I was the only smart one to get his phone programmed and all 6 other travel mates, had to use HIS phone to call home! I had a $600 phone bill. Yes they all paid me, but it really pissed me off!

good luck.

Verizon, Puerto Rico is local calling if you have the nationwide plan., all other islands there will be a roaming charge, some up to $2.00 a min. plus verizon charges. so keep track of the minute!

good luck, have fun

Archived