A new weight loss record!

perkyblue

I just lost 1.2 pounds in about 10 seconds!

I think it's time to buy a new scale! (Which really sucks because this one was an expensive digital scale with memory settings & body fat measurer, and we've only had it one year.)

I was suspicious when I first stepped on the scale and it said that I was 131.6 -- up 2.2 pound from Thursday :eek:, and I have been very good since Thursday. So I stepped on it again and this time it was 130.4. Still up a pound from Thursday, which I don't think is right, but it's obvious that there's something wrong with this scale, so I don't feel too bad.

I'm actually about to head out the door right now to see if I can find a Wii Fit (It has a built-in scale.) -- even though I think it's an impossible task. If I can't find a Wii Fit, I guess I'll have to settle for just buying a new scale instead.

There could be a lot of variables in your weight from one day to another. You could be retaining more or less fluid, is your clothing exactly what you had on when you first weighed, or if you were naked?

Because there are so many variables that is the reason why it's best to only weigh yourself 1 time a week at the same time of day.

I've had times that I gained 7 pds in less than 24 hrs and come to find out it was fluid retention. So don't give up....

No, I literally stepped on the scale 10 seconds later and the weight was 1.2 pounds different! So it's definitely a problem with the scale.

I do always weigh myself at the same time of day in the same clothes (just underwear) so that's not an issue. As far as the one pound since Thursday, you're right, that could be just random fluctuation, but the 1.2-pound difference in 10 seconds is what makes me think I need to buy a new scale!

No, I literally stepped on the scale 10 seconds later and the weight was 1.2 pounds different! So it's definitely a problem with the scale.

I do always weigh myself at the same time of day in the same clothes (just underwear) so that's not an issue. As far as the one pound since Thursday, you're right, that could be just random fluctuation, but the 1.2-pound difference in 10 seconds is what makes me think I need to buy a new scale!

I've seen that same thing happen right at a store, while trying out scales. Last time I shopped, I couldn't find a consistent one; so I stuck with my old scale. About the only kind that I've seen that a really reliable, are the type that you can stand on and they have the adjustable weight that you slide over...a home version of a medical scale. My mom has one. It's sensitive and consistent, but I think they give more accurate readings on a solid floor versus carpeting.

Archived