Favorite Picture of All Time

Y'all do realize that there's a board dedicated for photos, right? I've been known to waste much time over there just browsing through all the beautiful ship, scenery & people pics.

This isn't the best photo ever (it was taken by one of the guides) but I'm posting it because it sums up, to me, what a vacation is all about. Having fun!

2927079110102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

Our other photos can be viewed here...

http://community.webshots.com/user/NCTribeFan

Edit: oh, it's (obviously) the Horseback Ride & Swim excursion in Grand Turk, Carnival Miracle, December, 2007.

Some day, when I'm bored, I'll go dig out my older cruise photos and upload them all to Webshots, too.

Were doing this in Jamaica in Feb. It looks like it was a lot of fun. Was it worth it? Would you do it again?

I absolutely love this thread and all the pictures posted...some made me smile, some took my breath away. Thanks to everybody for sharing. :)

This is one of my favorite photos. It just reminds me why I love cruising.

This was on the Celebrity Infinity...not my favorite cruise, by any means BUT definitely my favorite balcony. :)

PanamaCanalCruise036.jpg

I absolutely love this thread and all the pictures posted...some made me smile, some took my breath away. Thanks to everybody for sharing. :)

This is one of my favorite photos. It just reminds me why I love cruising.

This was on the Celebrity Infinity...not my favorite cruise, by any means BUT definitely my favorite balcony. :)

PanamaCanalCruise036.jpg

One day I want to cruise on a balcony! Great picture!

DJ

halos if you don't mind me asking why didn't you like your cruise on celebrity? Dh and I have been considering them we have heard so many good things..

It wasn't a bad cruise...it was just (I think) because we chose a Panama Canal crossing (thus a 14 day cruise) during off season, there were no young people on the ship. The average age was 70....I swear! SO...the cruise was very laid back and I like a lot more fun. That particular cruise didn't offer much other than dining and shows in the evening. There were no activities that either of us were intertested in. I had no desire to learn to play bridge..or do any of the other things they offered. The food was very good (although I still prefer food on CCL), the crew was very attentive, but they were 'stuffy' and not fun. I will say that the cabin steward I had on that ship was the best EVER (His name is Anil) and the rest of the crew were very professional and attentive but...cold

It just didn't feel the same to us.

I'd sail Celebrity again...IF I found a great deal on a shorter sailing. Maybe a shorter sailing would be a little more exciting. Right now, I have to be honest, I don't even look at Celebrity cruises. I love Carnival and I really liked the one each of the NCL and RCI I have taken. I need to try Princess next.

HAL can wait until I'm in my 70's.

One day I want to cruise on a balcony! Great picture!

DJ

Be careful...once you have a balcony, you'll be hooked. :)

Mine aren't "scenery", but my favorite pics... love my friends and fun and hardly notice the scenery! LOL! My first group cruise as probably my favorite, so most are from that... wont mean much to many, but brings back a lot of great memories for me... I couldn't choose just one... it was hard enough choosing these, and tomorrow I'll wish i chose others, LOL!

Got our booze, and ready to cruise!!

conquest36.jpg

Good times on the lido deck:

cruise.jpg

It's a good night when you don't spill any of your drinks...

cruise2.jpg

Never grow up... EVER.

cruise3.jpg

There is a story that goes with this picture. At 41 my sister had a major stroke. To save her life they had to do surgery and as a result, take out about 1/3 of her skull....it stayed safe in her belly for over a year (because she had a staph infection post op they did not want to put it back too soon) while she recovered. At her most critical moment in the ICU, I held her hand and told her if she would only open her eyes I would take her anywhere in the world she wanted to go....her eyes flew open (the first of many miracles!), and as soon as she came off the ventilator she requested we go on a cruise. So in late April this year, almost 2 years after her stroke, we boarded the Legend with our mom, our other sister, two nieces and my sisters’ best friend. My sister wanted to swim with the dolphins more than anything else, so I scheduled the Royal Swim. Although VERY skeptical when we arrived, given my sisters physical limitations, the staff agreed to "let her try”. This picture was taken during the foot push.....what you can't see are the six women standing in the water watching her, laughing and crying at the same time. Since this day, my sister has continued to recover, expanding her horizons daily; because this moment in time renewed her confidence and made her realize that ANYTHING is possible!

2121356710064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Just goes to show you that everything is possible and MIRACLES exist!

This is the best picture in my opinion!

• 2 weeks later...