Cabin Crawl???

I am new to RCCL, my first cruise will be in December. I am very excited and I log onto cruisecritic everyday (instead of working :D ) to plan my cruise. Everyone is so helpful but for the life of me I cannot figure out what a Cabin Crawl is!?!?:confused: I have heard this mentioned several times on this board. Especially when talking about a Meet & Mingle.

I am new to RCCL, my first cruise will be in December. I am very excited and I log onto cruisecritic everyday (instead of working :D ) to plan my cruise. Everyone is so helpful but for the life of me I cannot figure out what a Cabin Crawl is!?!?:confused: I have heard this mentioned several times on this board. Especially when talking about a Meet & Mingle.

I have participated in bar crawls onboard, but I like my privacy way too much to do a cabin crawl. Don't really need my new found "friends" to follow me home!

:eek:

jc

A Cabin Crawl is when you and your Roll Call group (or any group of people) go visit different categories of staterooms. I.e. you may visit an aft balcony cabin, an inside stateroom, a junior suite, and a larger suite or two. That provides people with the opportunity to check out different types of staterooms. Sometimes people who's stateroom is being visited may order food off of room service in advance to have snacks available.

welcome to the wonderful world of cruising and cruise critic:D .

A cabin crawl is where people from the roll call volunteer to have CC'rs visit their cabin on an organised 'crawl' from one category of cabin to another. It is a great opportunity to see what other categories of cabins are like without craning you neck through open doors as you walk down the hallways !!and especially if someone is sailing in an Owners suite and volunteers.

Some people may have drinks and nibbles in their cabins to hand out as you pass by their cabins but it is not compulsory to do this, or to volunteer , but it is fun. You get to chat to more people this way as well as it is a real icebreaker.

I have participated in bar crawls onboard, but I like my privacy way too much to do a cabin crawl. Don't really need my new found "friends" to follow me home!

:eek:

jc

LOL

I think if you participated in enough bar crawls you wouldn't notice if someone followed you home!:p

welcome to the wonderful world of cruising and cruise critic:D .

A cabin crawl is where people from the roll call volunteer to have CC'rs visit their cabin on an organised 'crawl' from one category of cabin to another. It is a great opportunity to see what other categories of cabins are like without craning you neck through open doors as you walk down the hallways !!and especially if someone is sailing in an Owners suite and volunteers.

Some people may have drinks and nibbles in their cabins to hand out as you pass by their cabins but it is not compulsory to do this, or to volunteer , but it is fun. You get to chat to more people this way as well as it is a real icebreaker.

That sounds like fun.

I would be able to preview the different cabins. I hope my roll call organizes one. Thanks for the info

They are a lot of fun. We had an aft balcony cabin on the Legend of the Seas and had a few people(25) there for a toast to cruising. We among others supplied a bit of bubbly (along with ginger ale) and toasted to new friends and then proceded with glasses in hand to deck 9 to a junior suite and then up to a connecting balcony etc. lots of fun. Some offered munchies and refills and some didn't. The idea was to put faces to names on the boards before the meet and mingle. Sparkle...I think you are on our cruise in Dec....Explorer on the 12?

Anne

Yea that's me!

Maybe like Gonzo said I should suggest a cabin crawl. I am only in a promenade room but I am interested in seeing what the suites and balconies are laid out.

Now ya see, I'd love to see one of those Promenade rooms. Always thought they might be worth taking to save a little money.

Man, I must've missed this since the first time I ever seen the phrase "Cabin Crawl" used was when our Roll Call group decided to this on our cruise in 2006. The purpose of the "Crawl" piece was to indicate that we would be drinking the entire time and to end with a party in a GS with more drinks. We started our venture after a few drinks in the Schooner Bar on the first day. Here I thought we were creating new cruise terminology. :p

LOL

I think if you participated in enough bar crawls you wouldn't notice if someone followed you home!:p

She got you on that one!!!!!!

Alas, I am a married man now. My days of following coeds into cabins is over. :mad:

Whatever would Jen say if she saw that mad face?!!!!!!

Now ya see, I'd love to see one of those Promenade rooms. Always thought they might be worth taking to save a little money.

Really?!?!?

From what I read on these boards most people are diehard balcony fans and would not consider cruising any other way.

To me I don't care what I stay in as long as I am on a cruise vacation:p

Archived