Sitka- Berry Picking? Fortress of the Bears?

disneydiane61

We are spending one cruise day in Sitka. We know that it can be a great "on your own" day, just walking around and seeing the sites, but I would love to find a private or small group LAND tour.

We are doing Harv & Marv in Juneau so we want to stay land based for this stop. :D

I have researched 2 possible land tours and want to know if anyone out there has had any experience with either of these two "local" companies. The first one is Hank's Taxi and Tours. They mention a (salmonberry) picking tour plus a few other local places to travel to. The other is Sitka Wildlife tours which is run by the Conine family. They advertise a 2 hour tour that includes Fortress of the Bears, Silver Bay, Sitka National Historic Park and Theobroma Chocolate Factory. (seems like a lot to see in 2 hours). Anyway, back to my original question, anyone have any experience with either of these to companies located is Sitka? Thanks for any and all advice.

disneydiane

• 2 weeks later...
Still no help and I am down to 2 weeks. Guess I will flip a coin and make sure to post my review upon return.

Happy Sailing:D

Sorry I can't be of help. I absolutely love the sea otter tour in Sitka so I haven't really investigated land stuff there. I look forward to seeing your review though.

We are spending one cruise day in Sitka. We know that it can be a great "on your own" day, just walking around and seeing the sites, but I would love to find a private or small group LAND tour.

We are doing Harv & Marv in Juneau so we want to stay land based for this stop. :D

I have researched 2 possible land tours and want to know if anyone out there has had any experience with either of these two "local" companies. The first one is Hank's Taxi and Tours. They mention a (salmonberry) picking tour plus a few other local places to travel to. The other is Sitka Wildlife tours which is run by the Conine family. They advertise a 2 hour tour that includes Fortress of the Bears, Silver Bay, Sitka National Historic Park and Theobroma Chocolate Factory. (seems like a lot to see in 2 hours). Anyway, back to my original question, anyone have any experience with either of these to companies located is Sitka? Thanks for any and all advice.

disneydiane

I would so go for the Wildlife tour as my idea of a wild life is as many free Theobroma samples as I can get! The Expresso bar is to die for! Of course, photos of the bear cubs wouldn't be bad either.

Archived