Cape Liberty, Bayonne--what time get there

mom2bobmat

I have read that several people were able to get on board by noon. Is this truly possible? We leave from Cape Liberty on Sat. the 26th. I would love to start our vacation as early as possible but dread having to listen to DH if we get there at 11:30 and can't board for hours. What is your current experience at Cape Liberty? Thanks!

On our May 17th cruise, we arrived at 11:15, dropped off the luggage and parked by 11:35. We then checked in and were able to be on board by 12:15. It was very efficient. The cabins did not become available until 1:20.

Most ships start boarding at 12 however it will depend on others getting off and the ship getting into port on time. We usually arrive early (10:30-11d) but are prepared to wait. Our last cruise we did not board until late evening as the ship was delayed.

Hey mom! I will be on this cruise too! I plan on getting to the pier around 11am. But, you never know if you will be able to board or not. Im always so excited, it doesnt upset me to have to wait. My hubby never complains either, and he HATES standing in lines. If you hubby likes to read, get him a book and let him sit and read while you stand in line! I hope this tropical storm doesnt create too much rain and high seas, but Im afraid that it is..Hope we have a great a great cruise!! Dot

We got there around 11:30 and were on the ship within an hour. Everything went smoothly, dropped off our luggage,parked the car,went thru security,got our number for the bus and within 15-20 minutes our number was called and off to the ship we went.

What pier and what ship?

Honestly, the piers are pretty chaotic until at least noon with passengers from the prior cruises disembarking and those who arrive early arriving.

In many cases, boarding doesn't begin until at least noon. If you are on RCCL, you can't go to your cabin until 1:00 PM, so if you arrive early, you'll have to lug your carry on around until you can go to your cabin.

If you arrive at noon or later you still have all day to get the lay of the land. The ships are big, but not big enough that you need more than an hour to get to know the ships.

Hey mom2bobmat & dalsal we will be on this cruise as well. We are looking to get to Cape Liberty between 12 - 1pm. What seating do you guys have? How many in your party? It will be me, hubby and my bonus daughter. I'm soooooo excited for this trip!!! See you onboard!!!! - Maxine

Personally, I loved arriving around 11 am. Yes, folks were still disembarking, but I needed special assistance with my mother and wanted to do that before everyone else started arriving. I got a good parking spot steps from the terminal. By the time I got back, she was through security. We waited about 1/2 hour and boarded in one of the first groups. We went right to the Windjammer, had lunch without crowds, and were able to get in our room at 1 pm.

My advice would be to check if the ship is arriving on time and rearrange your plans if it is late.

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/cruiseships.phtml

*****/schiffsposition.php?schiff=Explorer+of+the+Seas

http://www.porttime.com

Archived