What qualifies as a group rate on Carnival??

red1der1

I am putting together a family reunion and we are considering doing a cruise next summer. I want to know, how big of a party does it take to be considered a group to qualify for a group rate? We are looking at having about 20 cabins.

Actually, the free berths pay port taxes, government fees and fuel surcharges. Although that may not seem like much, on our 7 night cruise it comes to $286.00 per person. That would make quite a difference if you were expecting "free".

Our group is much smaller and we still ended up with some benefits... There are 13 people total in 6 cabins - 4 balconies and 2 interiors. After our final payment date, we were informed that we would get a $100 per cabin credit - originally we were expecting a $25 per cabin credit and a group photo, so we were all very happy!

So how does booking a group work?? Do I just call a PVP and they give me the info and then each person books themselves using our group code or do they have to book through me and I make 1 payment??

So how does booking a group work?? Do I just call a PVP and they give me the info and then each person books themselves using our group code or do they have to book through me and I make 1 payment??

Carnival has a group Dept you can speak to, instead of a regular PVP.

Be sure to call the group department...A PVP is not trained in groups and cannot book groups. If you have never done a group before, I would highly recommend calling an experienced TA that handles groups. It can become very time consuming and errors can be made easily if you aren't sure of what you are doing. Especially with a family reunion....you DO NOT want to be responsible for payments , rooming lists etc.

All sailings do not receive the same amenity points...If you have leeway with your dates, ask your TA to find which date has the most points.

Be sure to call the group department...A PVP is not trained in groups and cannot book groups. If you have never done a group before, I would highly recommend calling an experienced TA that handles groups. It can become very time consuming and errors can be made easily if you aren't sure of what you are doing. Especially with a family reunion....you DO NOT want to be responsible for payments , rooming lists etc.

We had a TA lady many said they used before who specializes in group rates. I would be leery of going with someone who you dont get recommended. The lady TA I had Im sure took great care of the group leader and didnt do nadda for us. She took 2 months, yes over 2 months to get us a confirmation of our booking and tried to blame us when we complained how long it was taking. She charged my cruise roomies wrong credit card and overdrafted it. She had been given it and told which card to bill, but she blamed the back room. On and on went the excuses.

Id call Carnival, you can always transfer to a TA later. We had a horrible experience with a TA who specialized in group cruises. The group leader is still singing her praises, of course she probably got to cruise free.

We had a TA lady many said they used before who specializes in group rates. I would be leery of going with someone who you dont get recommended. The lady TA I had Im sure took great care of the group leader and didnt do nadda for us. She took 2 months, yes over 2 months to get us a confirmation of our booking and tried to blame us when we complained how long it was taking. She charged my cruise roomies wrong credit card and overdrafted it. She had been given it and told which card to bill, but she blamed the back room. On and on went the excuses.

Id call Carnival, you can always transfer to a TA later. We had a horrible experience with a TA who specialized in group cruises. The group leader is still singing her praises, of course she probably got to cruise free.

...and these are mistakes that can happen (which can be a nightmare...) that's why you should know if you get into it without knowing what you are doing....then you are responsible...not the TA.

Archived