Just Back- Golden Princess to Alaska

rhgru

We were on the Golden last week and I have to rate this one of the best cruises I have ever been on. It is totally due to the staff and the attention they give to service. I agree with the previous postings on the entertainment, don't miss the "cooking show" that the kitchen & wait staff put on. Food is amazing. We used the flex dining and used the Bernini (sp) dining room. Seemed to not be as busy for dinner. The traditional diners that I talked to raved about the head waiter for their dining room (Vincenzo?) and the attention to detail he gave all the diners. I booked shore excursions independently in Ketchikan & Skagway. Did the helicopter tour in Skagway thru M&M Tour sales in town and did the Misty Fjord Tour in Ketchikan thru Island Wings, both were FABULOUS! Seeing Alaska from the air was amazing. We were blessed with wonderful weather and I know you will have a great time, enjoy and experience as much as you can. I would sale on the Golden any time!!

Thanks so much for the reviews--I am on the Golden in 5 weeks and I CAN'T WAIT!!! It's so great to read positive reviews. I have read in other reviews about the head waiter in the trad dining room Vincenzo and was wondering if he is the head waiter for the whole trad dining room at dinner--I have early seating trad dining and I would like to be assigned, with my parents, to his table if possible. Also, which DR is open for lunch the Sat of embarkation Thanks for all of the information

Also, which DR is open for lunch the Sat of embarkation Thanks for all of the information

I dont think any dining room was open until dinner- that first saturday. The Horizon buffet was open for lunch.

Hi RaeVynn.

We're cruising Sept 6th so will beat you by a mere few weeks.

I will have to be sure to post some preliminary comments upon my return for you prior to your depature!

For my Emerald cruise this past January I wrote quite a lengthy and extensive review which I will also try to do, but don't think I'll be able to get it written and posted ahead of your cruise as we are continuing to vacation in British Columbia post-cruise.

Enjoy your trip!!

Jill

Archived