For those who've recently sailed on Disney Magic...

Ashelleigh

We're considering taking the Magic in October instead of theDisney Wonder. When speaking with the Disney vacation planner, they mentioned the Magic doesn't have a place for swim diapers like the Wonder has. I've read on this board that Magic and Wonder both have pools for toddlers in swimmies.

He did say we'd be the second cruise out of dry dock and they hope to add the fountains around the Mickey Pool by the time we sail.

Can any of you confirm if the Magic has a water play area currently?

One of the ears in the Mickey pool is for the little ones with swim diapers. It's been there at least since 2007(the first time I was on the Magic). I just cruised the past May and it was still there. It's really sort of a wet area that has water squirting out. The water doesn't have any depth to it.

If you have any other questions just let me know. My family really loves DCL.

We are really torn on which cruise to take. Long story short, we cancelled our Disney Wonder and am now between the Disney Magic and Carnival Fascination. (I know they don't compare...) We really want a cruise to keep our son entertained (he'll be 17 month at sailing) yet one we can enjoy as well. We took him on the Glory at 11 months. We've been to all the locations these two ships are sailing, except Castaway Cay(Disney) and Half Moon Cay (Carnival).

I know he'll never remember his Disney cruise at 17 months. However, is the Disney cruise experience worth it? We've always sailed OV, Balcony, or suite and we'd have to take an inside cabin on the Magic. I know ultimately, the decision is only ours to make, but I'd love feedback on Disney and opinions of if it'll keep a 17month old entertained.

Don't you just love when the customer service doesn't know what's actually on the ship? The infant water area is Mickey's left ear and you can see the picture of my daughter in it below.

Now, would I go with an inside on Disney over any other ship...probably not no. With young kids I need a balcony so I can put them down to sleep and head outside on the balcony. I don't want to go to sleep early with the kids. So I don't want to be tiptoing around the cabin.

Frankly, a 17 month old will be entertained on ANY ship.

So I wouldn't make the ship decision based on the baby...not at this age.

Here is the water area on MAGIC that doesn't exist ;)

Gab.jpg

Archived