Soda Card

wst825

It is $6/day, paid for the whole cruise, but may be less (like $4/day for kids). I've only gotten the card once and it was not worth it to me because I felt like I was always drinking soda to justify the cost. It really depends on how much soda you drink. If it is just one or two a day, it is actually cheaper just to buy them seperately (or bring some on board). If you NEED 3+ sodas a day, then the card is your best option.

Which cruise line? A lot would depend upon how much soda your kids (or are allowed to) drink. Soda cards can also be used for tonic water, which we drink a lot of. it also depends upon your itinerary. Princess definietely made money on us when we did the British Isle because it was cold and rainy most of the trip - not a lot of soda consumed. Now we are getting ready to return to Tahiti - probably will be more inclined to drink cold beverages there!

speaking of princess cruiseline It is $20 or $22 for a soda card. I always get it because I am a soda-holic...lol That is my only vice so I guess I could have worse habits.

• 4 weeks later...

A soda card is usually around twenty or thirty dollars on royal carribbean cruises. It lets you buy as many none alcoholic drinks as u want (it may exclude virgin frozen drinks like pina colada and strawberry dauiri). it all depends on how much soda your children drink. i soda can be 4 dollars. if you have more than one child just buy one soda card and they can each use it. Enjoy your cruise!

...if you have more than one child just buy one soda card and they can each use it. Enjoy your cruise!

That is NOT the way it works. One card per person. On RCI, if you purchase the soda pass for "Johnny", a sticker is placed on HIS card. It is for HIS use and no one else's. It isn't a free for all - you can't get free drinks for any and everyone on one soda sticker. Buy a sticker for each person wishing to use one - otherwise it's stealing.

You can buy soda by the can without a soda card, if you want to limit how many a day they drink! A can is around the $2 level.

And while some folks will "share" a card, you're supposed to have one card for every drinker. It covers only soda.

How much is a soda card on rccl? Is it worth it for kids/teens?

I don't know if RCI still does this but awhile ago during dinner, they would give everyone free sodas in the dining room - just not sure if they still do that or not.

As for the soda card, just buy one card if you have to. When you want to get the 2nd soda for someone else, make sure you go to a different bar - everyone does it - I don't consider it stealing (especially when someone doesn't drink a lot of soda)! As mentioned, I would just bring your own stuff on board - that's what we do for bottled water - bring it on at embarkation and then just buy the bigger bottles in port - way cheaper! PS - If you're allowed to bring wine on board (some lines will allow 1 bottle per person), open it in your cabin and then get a wine glass from the bar - you won't have to pay the outrageous corking fee in the dining room! LOL

I don't know if RCI still does this but awhile ago during dinner, they would give everyone free sodas in the dining room - just not sure if they still do that or not.

They did not do that two years ago. You paid or you had a soda sticker (which entitled ONLY the bearer a soda).

As for the soda card, just buy one card if you have to. When you want to get the 2nd soda for someone else, make sure you go to a different bar - everyone does it - I don't consider it stealing (especially when someone doesn't drink a lot of soda)!

As has been stated, that is NOT the way it works - or you wouldn't need to "go to a different bar." And everyone does NOT do it - you do it would appear, but not everyone. And it IS stealing and wrong - and you obviously know it - or you would not have to sneak around to different bars in order to score "free" sodas for others. And, you would only "consider it stealing" if it were - what? - two sodas a day? three? ten? Below a certain number, apparently in your economy, it ISN'T stealing, but above that mystery number, it is. :confused: :rolleyes: Nice. Bad advice.

I hope you had on your teflon suit, the morality police have spoken :eek:

I am not sure why you go to different bars on the ship. When I go up to get a soda pop, the bartender just glances at my sea pass to see if the sticker is on it. They have never looked at it closely. Perhaps they do for youth. The other thing that I have noticed is that if you have the insulated cup that comes with the sticker, they fill it without questions or looking at your sea pass. I really believe the bartenders could care less about the whole matter. :D

We bought soda cards for DH and DS on RCCL and were given insulated mugs for the soda. They were both exactly the same; I never thought twice about taking both to be filled at any bar. I don't remember if they put any sticker on our Sea Pass cards (they may have).

We also bought soda cards on our Carnival cruise & received cards that we had to specify a person's name on them & carry them around if we wanted to get soda. If we'd wanted a nice insulated mug, we'd have to pay ~$5 more for it.

I've read the comments about "stealing" and whatnot; I consider myself to be a morally responsible person, but I honestly don't see the difference between getting a refill on a soda for my DH or getting a first soda for myself on his "card" or mug or whatever. Maybe I'm justifying or rationalizing it, but, still...:)

Archived