Online bookings

I always book online. Sometime I use large USA travel company without any problems. My current Cruise company uses local agent to handle the bookings. The quoted price is not what it should be. It has gone up by up to $300 per person. Can they do this? I have quoted printout at the time of booking which included taxes and fees and fuel supplement. Price difference is only in cruise fare. Interesting is that you can't get back original quote unless you were lucky to have printed it at the time. Any suggestion how to deal with this? It is Celebrety cruising from Sydney.

I know you said you recieved a writen quote but did you book at that point...?? If not than I would imagine that the prices are subject to change any time after that point...at least thats how I understand most companies booking process

Well, who knows?? It could have been a legitimate mistake or they may have just not said anything to see which clients "caught" it or not. Basically - you need to monitor yur reservations all the time for this very reason. Recently (last week) the cruise I am booked on for next Jan. came out with "Senior rates" which would have saved me about $ 250 BUT my

TA said that if I did take advantage of the lower fare - I would also get

a reduction in the OBC she was giving me so basically it comes out to just

an extra $ 50 in my pocket.

Archived