Sky is on her third run....wonder how its going

storm15

Out of concern for my upcoming cruise on the Sky, I placed a call to NCL about my reservation and some general questions. Before I hung up, I asked about the recent complaints from passengers that have been on the Sky and have they been resolved. The customer service rep kept saying that she "Sky" had a complete refurbishment and have not had anything but glowing reviews since she has been in Miami. She stated the problems I was speaking of were the problems from when she was Pride of Aloha. I explained that I knew people who had returned last week from her as the Sky and they very well had some problems. She put me on hold for about 5 minutes to speak with her supervisor. When she came back on, she kept to her original spill about the problems that they were from her POA days. I politely stated that I had heard otherwise and that there WAS issues on the ship currently. However, NCL WILL NOT ADMIT IT!!!

Good luck to us all that all that are on the upcoming sailings on the Sky. Let's hope they get it right.

Renee

Out of concern for my upcoming cruise on the Sky, I placed a call to NCL about my reservation and some general questions. Before I hung up, I asked about the recent complaints from passengers that have been on the Sky and have they been resolved. The customer service rep kept saying that she "Sky" had a complete refurbishment and have not had anything but glowing reviews since she has been in Miami. She stated the problems I was speaking of were the problems from when she was Pride of Aloha. I explained that I knew people who had returned last week from her as the Sky and they very well had some problems. She put me on hold for about 5 minutes to speak with her supervisor. When she came back on, she kept to her original spill about the problems that they were from her POA days. I politely stated that I had heard otherwise and that there WAS issues on the ship currently. However, NCL WILL NOT ADMIT IT!!!

Good luck to us all that all that are on the upcoming sailings on the Sky. Let's hope they get it right.

Renee

Lets face it...Their is always gonna be some sort of issue that some pax

dont like on EVERY SHIP OUT THERE.....I have yet to see a "perfect ship"

Just make the best of your cruise and Im sure you will have a great time

but not a "perfect" time....:)

Renee

I totally beleive that they would lie to keep these things under raps! THat is what sales people do!

When I mentioned to someone on the ship that I knew about the ship not going out of Nassau on the first cruise until 2:30 AM b/c of water issues they looked shocked I knew about it and moved on quickly. I was asking if we were still on schedule to leave at 6PM. Luckily we did! Trust me I was on the ship and I saw a lot of these problems and TRUST ME they know about it!!

Lets face it...Their is always gonna be some sort of issue that some pax

dont like on EVERY SHIP OUT THERE.....I have yet to see a "perfect ship"

Just make the best of your cruise and Im sure you will have a great time

but not a "perfect" time....:)

You mean like no air conditioning and no working bathrooms? I would think that ALL pax wouldn't like that.

We will be on the 8/1/08 sailing of the Sky. After reading some of what others have experienced, I too found myself questioning whether or not we made the right choice for a quick getaway. When I phoned my personal vacation planner directly at NCL, he was totally aware of the problems on the early sailings and he had been told these issues have been resolved. Until we experience it first hand, we will never really know of course. But he was in fact truly in the know and was rather assuring that these issues are not being overlooked. He even offered to call me with updates as they became available to him. I told him that was kind, but not necessary. I cannot change my plans (without penalty), as we are leaving in a week ... I can only keep a positive attitude and surely things will be wonderful. If the seas stay calm, and the sun is out with the absence of rain I am sure it will beat mowing the lawn, making beds, washing dishes and doing laundry! :p

Renee

Thanks for putting the call in! We are also sailing the Sky in Sept 4 & 3 days.

Seeing that I got the same response as you, I have already begun to print some of these posts and plan on taking a file with me and I will call someone out If we encounter toilet or AC problems. The rest of the issues food, service I can deal with but toilet issues are just unacceptable especially with the outbreaks ships have been having the last couple years.

As I have stated in numerous other threads the toilet issues are a continuation of POA.

If folks decide to do the same make sure you capture the date on each post.

Thanks for putting the call in! We are also sailing the Sky in Sept 4 & 3 days.

Seeing that I got the same response as you, I have already begun to print some of these posts and plan on taking a file with me and I will call someone out If we encounter toilet or AC problems. The rest of the issues food, service I can deal with but toilet issues are just unacceptable especially with the outbreaks ships have been having the last couple years.

As I have stated in numerous other threads the toilet issues are a continuation of POA.

If folks decide to do the same make sure you capture the date on each post.

That is a good idea! I wish you all luck. If you have any problems while onboard, ask to speak to Jenny, the front desk manager. She's very good.

We will be on the 8/1/08 sailing of the Sky. After reading some of what others have experienced, I too found myself questioning whether or not we made the right choice for a quick getaway. When I phoned my personal vacation planner directly at NCL, he was totally aware of the problems on the early sailings and he had been told these issues have been resolved. Until we experience it first hand, we will never really know of course. But he was in fact truly in the know and was rather assuring that these issues are not being overlooked. He even offered to call me with updates as they became available to him. I told him that was kind, but not necessary. I cannot change my plans (without penalty), as we are leaving in a week ... I can only keep a positive attitude and surely things will be wonderful. If the seas stay calm, and the sun is out with the absence of rain I am sure it will beat mowing the lawn, making beds, washing dishes and doing laundry! :p

I hope you have a great cruise...because we're on that sailing, too.

Archived