Facilites for last day?

aggietd

Can anyone give me some info, We are booked on Ventura Transatlantic in Oct so that means we will be flying home from Barbados. i believe our flight is at approx 6pm, but I am assuming that we will have to be out of our cabins by 9-10am.

My question is do P&O provide facilites onboard for changing/showering etc and somewhere to store hand luggage.

Thank you

Nancy

On the last day you usually have to be out of your cabin by about 9 a.m. at the latest. P & O usually make arrangements for hand baggage to be stored in one of the lounges but changing / shower facilities are very limited and you can find there is a bit of a queue. If your flight departs at 6 p.m. you will probably leave the ship at around 3 p.m. so you will be able to have lunch on board. If for any reason you flight is delayed P & O will make arrangements to keep you on board (and feed you) until your aircraft arrives. Thats one of the plus points of a P & O Charter.

Nancy,

What are you worrying about going home we have not yet set foot on the ship, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not worry about showers etc there is a ladies and gents area in the spa that you can get changed and have a shower, towels etc provided.

They are quite spacious also.

We have not found any problems with the last day facilites, in fact we have just treated it as another day on the ship. They are well organised to get you off at the right time and feed you in the bargin.

See you on our Roll Call board.

Happy sailing.

Rex

Nancy,

What are you worrying about going home we have not yet set foot on the ship, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not worry about showers etc there is a ladies and gents area in the spa that you can get changed and have a shower, towels etc provided.

They are quite spacious also.

We have not found any problems with the last day facilites, in fact we have just treated it as another day on the ship. They are well organised to get you off at the right time and feed you in the bargin.

See you on our Roll Call board.

Happy sailing.

Rex

i'll second this post!!!

we were on the Arcadia in November and i've never had such a relaxed and chilled 'last day'....

it's simple...

put the stuff you need for the pool / plane / trip home from the airport in your hand luggage.

put all your other stuff in your main suitcases and leave outside your room the night before.

get up, go to b'fast / lunch etc...then day around the pool and about an hour before your flight is called head off to the spa, get showered and change, and then head of to the awaiting busses all relaxed and fresh and clean...

the flights for the ship are being called constantly and soon begins to remind you of the airport itself, so you've more than a good idea when you'll need to get ready...

like i say, it was the easiest, most chilled out last day i've ever had!

the only bad bit is you get to see the first flights worth of passengers arriving on the ship and going for their 'exploration' tour of the ship like you'd done a fortnight earlier....

the only bad bit is you get to see the first flights worth of passengers arriving on the ship and going for their 'exploration' tour of the ship like you'd done a fortnight earlier....

This happened to us on the Arcadia too. Sadder was the ship was being decked out for Christmas.

We (party of 6) bagged a private lounge above the cafeteria restuarant with only the Christmas trees for company. When the new cruisers arrived they did their tour as SSS said. We found we had a cloak of invisibility. This cloak extended to the crew too. We had had our cruise, we had paid our bills and they had got their tips.

The upside is that we have booked a later cruise this year so we get the Christmas at sea.

As for Barbados departure this went quite smoothly. I seem to recall that our call forward (last of the lot) was delayed a little. We boarded the bus as it was getting dark and went on the short bus drive the long way slowly. While we were impatient, the driver knew his stuff.

When we arrived we joined a holding queue and after about 10-15 minutes inched forward to the debussing point. There were about 5000 people checking in. We joined a long snaking queue behind the checkin desks which was bound for the emigration point. (We had been checked in on the ship).

While we were inching forward, about 1500 of us (not only P&O), there were calls for some flight pax to go ahead as their flight was waiting to depart and they were still 30 minutes from the emigration gate.

We eventually got through into the lounge and our aircraft was further delayed by a couple of hours. The flight home was the same excruciating Thomas Cook flight as we had had outbound.

My friend Wendy and I share a cabin and on the last night we usually have our bags outside the cabin door by 10 O' Clock. We then put a few essentials in a bag for hand luggage.... Mostly ladies things.... and some roll on deo as wendy perspires a lot on the plane due to weight problems. I have to say, that on the last morning all goes smoothly. Wake up, shower, breakfast and then sit around waiting to be called. read a book or maybe two. Its always the least favourite bit of the cruise, but as Wendy always tells me... "Its worth it".

Archived