Neets Bay Bears or Misty Fjords floatplane?

buttah75

First of all, please don't advise me to call Island Wings. She's booked the day we're there!

OKAY, here's my question. We are zip-lining in the morning in Ketchikan, and after that, we can just barely make one of these two Princess tours (and the indies' schedules don't work at all with the zip-lining schedule):

The floatplane Bear trip to Neets bay or Misty Fjords floatplane.

We're not crazy about floatplanes period, but assuming we decide to spring for another excursion, which would you choose and why. We are huge animal lovers, but everyone raves about Misty Fjords. Note: the other bear trips do not fit in with ziplining that day.

Have you checked out SeaWind Aviation? I spoke to Lesley just last night and she said they have a new tour with bear viewing. I think it is called Wildest Alaska. Check out their website and then give Lesley a call. I'm sure they would love to work something out for you, or if they are booked, maybe Lesley or Steve could refer you to someone they trust.

I'm asking which excursion you'd prefer or recommend over the other - Bears at Neets or Misty Fjords.

Like I said, we'll probably do the cruise version of either in this case, because they have times that match up with our other plans that day.

If it is a decision between the two different types of tours, I would personally choose the bears at Neats. Just my humble opinon, but I didn't find the Misty Fjord flightseeing (or the boat trip) all that exciting or any more scenic than what I observed from the balcony of my cabin while cruising. Seeing bears on the other hand are very difficult to spot from the cruise ship.

I'm sure others will say they loved their Misty Fjords trip. So, it is all just personal opinon/preference. But, again, I would GO FOR THE BEARS!! :D

I wish people would include when they are going to be in Alaska when they make a post with a question like this.

Seeing bears is seasonal and when you are going makes a difference on whether you will see them or not.

Also Alaska weather has been lousy this summer. Any sort of a flying trip has the risk of being cancelled for weather.

I'm asking which excursion you'd prefer or recommend over the other - Bears at Neets or Misty Fjords.

Like I said, we'll probably do the cruise version of either in this case, because they have times that match up with our other plans that day.

I have done both, several times. BOTH are great tours. Choose one for yourself, depending on your priority. You Mention wildlife???? then perhaps choose the bears???

Archived