Have any of you had this problem

mom2boys97

I paid my cruise off in full and the day i did my PVP was telling me she was working on an awesome deal for me but she didnt want to tell me until she talked it over with her supervisor so i am thinking cool. She then tells me while we are still on the phone that she would call me back in a little while, so i wait a while probally 2 weeks and i try to call her to find out but got her voicemail and i leave a message then wait for a reply. No reply still 2 weeks later so i call yet another time and leave another message and now its been about 5 weeks or so.. Did my PVP fall off the face of the earth? Do i call and try to talk to someone else or what do i do?? My Friend is going on the same cruise she had tried to call several times to make her final payment and still no response.... Can you request another PVP? What would u do?? I want to start putting money for my grats and on my sign and sail card cause i dont want to use CC but if she is not going to be there for me to do this stuff what do i need her for??? Frustrated

I would call Carnival and ask to speak with someone...anyone at this point. They should be able to help you. If you are that far past your final payment date I wouldn't waste any more time waiting for your regular PVP.

Just my 2 cents...

Just call and get another PVP. I would have only given her a week before I called and talked to someone else. I never have to wait more than a few hours to hear back from my PVP.

Sorry I can't post his name here but is against the rules.

From what I read, Im thinking you talked to a PVP at Carnival? if so then call Carnival and ask to speak to a supervisor, explain to them what had happened and to make sure your contract is in order. Are you able to view your booking number online?

Fred

Yes i am able to read my booking number online and it says my balance is 0 but havent gotten anything in the mail reguarding this.... It just sucks cause she was so nice and so excited in the begining and now she seems as if we dont even exisit...:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Just a note...There was a post here several weeks ago that a Carnival PVP passed away suddenly.......

But wouldn't the voice mail message state that they are no longer there? I've had a PVP leave (my assumption) the company and got that kind of message. No details, but (and on this I'm kinda fuzzy) either gave me another extension # or press some # to be directed to another PVP.

If someone is no longer with the company, for whatever reason, their clients should not be left in the lurch, and passed on in some manner.

But wouldn't the voice mail message state that they are no longer there? I've had a PVP leave (my assumption) the company and got that kind of message. No details, but (and on this I'm kinda fuzzy) either gave me another extension # or press some # to be directed to another PVP.

If someone is no longer with the company, for whatever reason, their clients should not be left in the lurch, and passed on in some manner.

It was just a comment. Don't know why the OP is having this problem and should call Carnival ASAP.

I never deal with Carnival directly. I always use a local agent I have used for years or Johna with CruCon that does the group trips for CC group cruises......

I would also think if Carnival lost an agent for whatever reason all the customers that they are representing should be notified by Carnival directly.

It was just a comment. Don't know why the OP is having this problem and should call Carnival ASAP.

I never deal with Carnival directly. I always use a local agent I have used for years or Johna with CruCon that does the group trips for CC group cruises......

I would also think if Carnival lost an agent for whatever reason all the customers that they are representing should be notified by Carnival directly.

Don't know why they would have this problem either. Sometimes when I'm posting it is just thinking out loud, and threw in my experience. OP said they were working with a PVP (not that it matters :D ), but for someone to not return calls in that amount of time is just not right. I agree they need to call and talk with someone. I understand vacations, training, emergencies, etc, but five weeks doesn't work. The voice mail should at some point be set to direct the customer to an alternate, or their phone forwarded to another agent.

As an aside, when I called my former PVP it was not about a cruise I had booked (didn't have one), but to book another. I did not receive any communication on this, and did not expect one. Had I had a cruise booked, I would think differently. Don't know how long he'd been gone but the message let me know.

Don't know why they would have this problem either. Sometimes when I'm posting it is just thinking out loud, and threw in my experience. OP said they were working with a PVP (not that it matters :D ), but for someone to not return calls in that amount of time is just not right. I agree they need to call and talk with someone. I understand vacations, training, emergencies, etc, but five weeks doesn't work. The voice mail should at some point be set to direct the customer to an alternate, or their phone forwarded to another agent.

As an aside, when I called my former PVP it was not about a cruise I had booked (didn't have one), but to book another. I did not receive any communication on this, and did not expect one. Had I had a cruise booked, I would think differently. Don't know how long he'd been gone but the message let me know.

I was just thinking about this also while taking the dog out for a walk. I also remember a few weeks ago it was announced by the new Carnival chief honcho that they will be cutting back the staff of PVP's in favor of online bookings and travel agents. Makes sense. Less payroll and won't hurt Carnival a bit....;)

I was just thinking about this also while taking the dog out for a walk. I also remember a few weeks ago it was announced by the new Carnival chief honcho that they will be cutting back the staff of PVP's in favor of online bookings and travel agents. Makes sense. Less payroll and won't hurt Carnival a bit....;)

Yep, less customer service is the way to go :confused: :eek: Nothing wrong with online bookings or TAs, but I like to go straight to the source when I can. I used to work for a great company for many, many years, that went this route. I'm no longer there, nor are many of their customers.

I arranged my December cruise with my PVP then sent an email 2 weeks later with a benign question and never heard from him. I found out several months later he had left. Surprise, surprise when he called me this weekend! He's opened his own agency and was not allowed to contact me for a specified time and hadn't. I told him about my 2 other booked cruises and he said he'd call Carnival "and arrange something for the room." Goodie! I'm finally going to get a bottle of wine or something. (It doesn't take much to make some of us happy.) Maybe your PVP left also. Mine had said there had been a change in management. He had wanted to work from home which he was not offered so he resigned and has moved out on his own.

FWIW, I have never used the same PVP twice. Yes, my Carnival webpage has the name of "my" PVP on the top, but I just speak to whomever answers. They have always been able to resolve whatever I needed. They aren't my relatives, and I have no sense of personal obligation to them. They do a job and I just use their services. Do we all go through the same line at Wal-Mart just because we feel we need to use the same cashier? No. Why then would we set on the sidelines for weeks on end waiting for someone to call us back who may or may not even be there any more?!

My final payment date came on our next cruise and I just called and made the payment. I called another time to link bookings with my daughter and just talked to whomever answered. It's really easy.

I know you will think this is flippant of me, but maybe your PVP went on a cruise....mine loves to cruise, but she lets me know when she's going.....also mine has been with Carnival for 25 years so I don't think she's going anywhere....:rolleyes:

If your cruise is paid for, relax and enjoy it:)

I paid my cruise off in full...I want to start putting money for my grats and on my sign and sail...

I would call and ask for a supervisor. She can handle this for you. All she needs is your booking number.

My Friend is going on the same cruise she had tried to call several times to make her final payment and still no response....

If final payment is DUE, your friend needs to call NOW (or they can cancel it)...and she can also ask for a supervisor. Anyone at the Carnival numbers can take final payment if she has her booking number.

Archived