P&O Meet and Greets

gizzigoo

Thought I would let everyone know about our P&O "Meet and Greet" on Pacific Dawn W822 on 3rd August in the Bengal Bar.

I was lucky enough to be given advice from Don (dogboy) regarding organising Meet and Greets on Carnival/P&O

Don gave me the contact within Carnival who has contacted the Pacific Dawn and they have arranged an Offical Meet and Greet for cruise W822 on the 3nd August in the Bengal Bar at 2.15pm. The notification will be printed in the Pacific Daily regarding the meet and greet.

They have mentioned that if there are other groups of CCers who would like to organise a meet and greet, provided Carnival are given enough notice they would be more than happy to accomodate CC groups.

I mentioned that we would be around 20 in our group and would think that anything smaller would probably not be worth making it official.

I know that Royal Carribean has always had it's Meet and Greets and looks like we may be getting lucky with P&O and Princess too!

Glenda

That's great Glenda. So far we have 8 couples on the Tahiti cruise on the Sun Princess in October, and there might be more out there who have not joined the roll-call. If anyone is out there - please join in. :D:D

Evon.

That's great Glenda. So far we have 8 couples on the Tahiti cruise on the Sun Princess in October, and there might be more out there who have not joined the roll-call. If anyone is out there - please join in. :D:D

Evon.

Hi Evon,

If anyone would like the particular contact let Don or I know and we are both happy to pass the details.

Would be wonderful if this was available to all who have large enough groups sailing.

Glenda

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Evon,

If anyone would like the particular contact let Don or I know and we are both happy to pass the details.

Would be wonderful if this was available to all who have large enough groups sailing.

Glenda

Hi All,

Just thought I would remind everyone, particularly since Glenda & Co returned from their cruise at the weekend that

"P&O have now said they would like to accommodate us, as it is in their best interest."(quote from Glenda)

It would be great if we could arrange a meet & greet on all of our cruises. It does appear that P & O may have finally realised we (CC) are not the enemy and if they look after us we will look after them with free PR.

So if anyone needs the contacts please feel free to get in touch with Don or Glenda.

They really got good treatment on the last cruise.

Happy Cruising

Don (Dogboy)

Hi All,

Just thought I would remind everyone, particularly since Glenda & Co returned from their cruise at the weekend that

"P&O have now said they would like to accommodate us, as it is in their best interest."(quote from Glenda)

It would be great if we could arrange a meet & greet on all of our cruises. It does appear that P & O may have finally realised we (CC) are not the enemy and if they look after us we will look after them with free PR.

So if anyone needs the contacts please feel free to get in touch with Don or Glenda.

They really got good treatment on the last cruise.

Happy Cruising

Don (Dogboy)

Hi Don,

Spoke to them yesterday about out next one in September as I think it may very well make 50 CCers.

It will be interesting to see if the Pacific Sun will look after us as well as the Pacific Dawn. Although Kaz (cloak and dagger) has a few contacts on the Pac Sun which I'm sure would be helpful. :Dthanks Kaz:D

It's early days yet with the meet and greets, but once P&O get into the swing of it all I'm sure it will be a breeze to organise and and everything will fall into place easily.

Glenda

Hi Glenda and Don,

I have emailed Don's contact at Carnival Australia regarding a get-together of CC'ers on our Tahiti cruise in October. The Carnival Australia contact has emailed me and it is all systems go.:):)

Evon.

Hi Glenda and Don,

I have emailed Don's contact at Carnival Australia regarding a get-together of CC'ers on our Tahiti cruise in October. The Carnival Australia contact has emailed me and it is all systems go.:):)

Evon.

Great news Evon, we need to get as many groups as possible do this.

The more they organise the easier it will get.:D

DOn

• 1 month later...
We leave on the 23rd is it too late to do thi for our cruise? If not who is the contact person at carnival?

Megan

Megan,

Contact me on don_reid at optusnet dot com dot au and I can give you the details.

Don

Thanks Don email on its way

Megan

Hi Megan,

I just contacted our man at Carnival Cruises who also looks after P & O group bookings. Even though it is late he may be able to do something.

He would like you to contact him today if possible.

He said he will at least be able to give the Purser onboard a heads up that another CC group will be onboard and they may be able to do something for you when you embark the ship.

I have sent you the contact details via email with my phone numbers as well.

Give me a call to discuss.

All the best

Don

Megan,

Contact me on don_reid at optusnet dot com dot au and I can give you the details.

Don

Hi Don.

I am sure I posted on here saying I was going to email you for the details as well but I cannot see it. Strange things have been happening though.

I did send you an email this mornng this morning hope you got it ok.

Hi Don.

I am sure I posted on here saying I was going to email you for the details as well but I cannot see it. Strange things have been happening though.

I did send you an email this mornng this morning hope you got it ok.

Hi Karon,

Didn't see it last night, send one here at work to donr at kempe dot com dot au, include your phone number and i will give you a call.

Don

We didn't arrange one with P&O, but we did have a get togther in the Bengal Bar on W826 on our way to Noumea. Myself & Martin, Skiclubbers (my parents), Marg&Grah (Marg & Grahame), QldCruiser (Lorraine) met up for a drink

2410665140078909071S600x600Q85.jpg

A few other came along after this photo was taken - Unclebucket, Subaru94 (and travel companions) and someone else, who I can't think of at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

We went to the Meet & Greet on our cruise last week. P&O definitely looked after us. We were welcomed by the 1st or 2nd (I can't remember which) Assistant Purser and F&B Manager plus had our photo taken by the ship's photographer (of which we were later given a free copy of the photo). We left a little early to register for the new game show "Deal or No Deal" and missed the visit by the captain. So we felt very welcome.

The only disappointing thing was that of the 12 CC'ers registered only 5 of us showed (including my Mum Suey, CruiseW827 & her hubby Darksheer and Cavaliergirl). I think P&O were expecting a much larger group as the number advised included all of our travel companions. I know personally the rest of our travel companions were not interested in attending a CC Meet & Greet so wouldn't recommend doing this in the future. We guessed the poor turn out was because it was a little rough and people weren't feeling up to it. Of course it could have been a multitude of reasons. But I do suggest if you say you will attend the Meet & Greet please go so that P&O continue to look after us and don't get annoyed about only a few turning up.

The best thing about our CC contact was that we got a personal Galley tour. This was amazing and my first tour of the galley. Here is a little tidbit of info for you - behind those revolving doors the waiters disappear into in the Palm Court dining room there is two sets of escalators going down to the complex kitchen set up. This was even more appreciated when we saw the huge line waiting for the public tour a few days later which was still there over an hour after the culinary display was finished.

Cheers,

Charmain:)

Hi All,

We went to the Meet & Greet on our cruise last week. P&O definitely looked after us. We were welcomed by the 1st or 2nd (I can't remember which) Assistant Purser and F&B Manager plus had our photo taken by the ship's photographer (of which we were later given a free copy of the photo). We left a little early to register for the new game show "Deal or No Deal" and missed the visit by the captain. So we felt very welcome.

The only disappointing thing was that of the 12 CC'ers registered only 5 of us showed (including my Mum Suey, CruiseW827 & her hubby Darksheer and Cavaliergirl). I think P&O were expecting a much larger group as the number advised included all of our travel companions. I know personally the rest of our travel companions were not interested in attending a CC Meet & Greet so wouldn't recommend doing this in the future. We guessed the poor turn out was because it was a little rough and people weren't feeling up to it. Of course it could have been a multitude of reasons. But I do suggest if you say you will attend the Meet & Greet please go so that P&O continue to look after us and don't get annoyed about only a few turning up.

The best thing about our CC contact was that we got a personal Galley tour. This was amazing and my first tour of the galley. Here is a little tidbit of info for you - behind those revolving doors the waiters disappear into in the Palm Court dining room there is two sets of escalators going down to the complex kitchen set up. This was even more appreciated when we saw the huge line waiting for the public tour a few days later which was still there over an hour after the culinary display was finished.

Cheers,

Charmain:)

Hi Charmain,

Pacifc Dawn certainly turns it on for us and sadly it is disappointing when other members don't show but it is the norm.

I agree if people take the time to organise this it is imperative that the group turns up otherwise we won't have it available to us any longer.

Pacific Sun does very little if you compare it too the Pacific Dawn who in my experience went to great lengths to ensure the group is well catered for.

On the Pacific Sun we had about 25 of the 44 show which wasn't bad at all. Nice group. And on the Pacific Dawn we had again about half again a great group of people. But I can understand it, people get busy on a cruise and they don't want to interupt what they are doing to go to a meeting.

On roll call it is worth talking about and if it is a strong group you will have a successful meet and greet and those that say they are going need to show.

• 3 weeks later...

We're back from PD W829 and our 'Meet & Greet' went very well. When we boarded there was a confrming letter in our cabin from Martina (First Purser Administration). We had a 'roll call' of 18 'CCer's' which was a really good turn up and it was great to be able to meet face to face. A group photo was taken.

The maitre de' hotel (Fabio) contacted me and arranged a conducted tour of the galley for our group which was a great success. So much better than the 'walk through' after the culinary demonstration!

P & O are certainly doing their bit to make us welcome so let us support them. By the way I wrote a 'thank you' note to Martina and the next morning a vase of flowers from her arrived in our cabin!

If I can offer any help for anyone wishing to arrange a 'Meet & Greet' please let me know.

Only 213 sleeps to our next cruise!!!!

Cheers, Roy

We're back from PD W829 and our 'Meet & Greet' went very well. When we boarded there was a confrming letter in our cabin from Martina (First Purser Administration). We had a 'roll call' of 18 'CCer's' which was a really good turn up and it was great to be able to meet face to face. A group photo was taken.

The maitre de' hotel (Fabio) contacted me and arranged a conducted tour of the galley for our group which was a great success. So much better than the 'walk through' after the culinary demonstration!

P & O are certainly doing their bit to make us welcome so let us support them. By the way I wrote a 'thank you' note to Martina and the next morning a vase of flowers from her arrived in our cabin!

If I can offer any help for anyone wishing to arrange a 'Meet & Greet' please let me know.

Cheers, Roy

Glad to hear it all went well Roy. Pacific Dawn certainly looks after us well.

Cheers, Roy

That is good Roy, speaking to the people at P & O they are more than happy to arrange these for any cruise including P & O and Princess in Australia. We need to make sure that as many groups as possible take advantage.

Just arranged ours for 20th of March next year just to make sure we had plenty of time to get everyone excited and ready. Our roll call is already very large so we should have a great turn up.

Archived