Are we allowed to ask...

clueless2

His reply to my e-mail was:

I am sorry that price of 1987.93 is per person, if you do have a lower price quote please send me a copy we would be happy to beat it.

That was NOT what was in the quote. It was half that price per person.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he made a mistake on the quote.

Mystery revealed. Thanks. He is right there with the others. $1700 + Tax and fuel charge.

I am sorry that price of 1987.93 is per person, if you do have a lower price quote please send me a copy we would be happy to beat it.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he made a mistake on the quote.

You are more generous than I ... if his quote is off by that much $$$$, I would wonder what else he might screw up on the booking if you did deposit with him. Thanks for the update.

Since many other agencies got it right on the first quote, I'd probably choose to do biz with one of them ... not with the person who misquoted you.

I'd give this guy the benefit of the doubt (which is a kind thing to do), but I would NOT give him my business ....

I just reread my post and noticed that I said Noordam was more expensive; actually it's the Maasdam that's more expensive. Both 10-day cruises out of FL leaving in the same time period. I think they are even visiting some of the same ports. Pricing is why I chose the Noordam even though I prefer the S-class ship vs. Vista. Happy Sailing!

The $1,700+ are too high. According to HAL's 2009 cruise values, a verandah starts at $1,599 for that cruise. That includes taxes, I think, but not the applicable fuel supplement. I have gotten quotes for the November, 2008, sailing for a verandah of $1,555, including all taxes and fuel surcharges. So for those of you who think you are paying more than HAL's currently advertised price, you might want to contact your TA for a eduction.

Archived