Excusions for Canada??

tamarara65

:) We are sailing the NCL Spirit sept21-27. Halifax and St Johnn. We are looking for an excusion that will focus on nature and the beautiful coastline. We are active and in our 40's. Any suggestions?

Peggy's Cove is very nice in Halifax. Beautiful little fishing village. Take a camera and take lots of pictures. That little white lighthouse that a lot of people have on thier CC posts is from Peggy's Cove. St. John's claim to fame is the reversing falls. We caught it at high tide when it was flowing up stream.

Peggy's Cove is beautiful! We all loved it (2 teen boys, 40ish Mom and 60ish grandma). We also did the hop-on hop-off bus tour (the double decker bus) and that was fun! We even had a chance to grab a lobster roll at McDonalds - the McLobster!

St. John was a bust for us. We did the highlights tour and didn't care for it. Saw the reversing falls, it was cool, but nothing spectacular! I think the rapids tour in the reversing falls would have been more fun!

Enjoy your trip!

We'll be on the Dawn that same week, and will be in Halifax on the same day you will. One thing I noticed is that Halifax is going to be quite busy that day. There are 4 ships in port, with a total of almost 10,000 passengers :eek: . We wanted to go to Peggy's Cove, but I've read that it can be an absolute nightmare when there are a lot of people in port. I think we're going whale watching instead.

Archived