What side of ship for Alaska

dc04321

Hi all, we are going on the Repo cruise on April 25, 2009 on the Star. It departs from LA and ends up in Vancouver. My question is which side of the ship would have better views of Alaska?

Thanks,

Candi

Tha Alaska portion of that cruise is all in the inside passage (think very wide river). There will be mountains on both sides of you, so for scenery, it doesn't make any diffence which side you're on. For the 3 sea days out of Los Angeles, you may be able to see land from the starbord side. That's the only difference I can think of.

If you can't get Terry and Doug's aft cabin get one on the starboard side. That's the side facing the towns as you come into port (at least for the Alaska portion) and it's just lovely.

We were on the Star from Seattle and their version of the Inside Passage was a little more outside than what's shown on the maps. Still nice but often land wasn't as close as I exspected.

On Pearl we have a starboard cabin for our cruise in about a week. I have read that many like the port cabins for the day in Glacier Bay because that side does get a bit more exposure to the glaciers. However, for 95% of the cruise, both sides would get good views.

I think the location on the ship is a lot more important than the side the cabin is on.

Archived