Voyager and Mariner Dry Dock & Other updates

I was on a travel agent conference call a couple of hours ago with Mark Conroy and Ken Watson. One thing they talked about was dry dock changes. Some of these things have been mentioned elsewhere but not in their own thread that I can find.

They mentioned that not everyone liked L'Atitudes (I love it, myself), so they were coming up with a brand new alternative restaurant called Prime Seven that would be a contemporary steakhouse. It will not cost extra.

Also, as others have reported, they will refurb and redesign the public areas and suites and will totally redo the soft goods. They also indicated they will have more casual dining that will include pizza and ice cream.

They also mentioned a retractable stage in the theatre to increase the dancing area but did not explain anything about it.

They mentioned having more shower only rooms on Mariner but said tubs are still important.

Regarding the new ship, they said it would be late 2011 or 2012 and would accomodate 750 - 800 guests and be close to 60,000 tons. They said it would have a full deck devoted to health and spa and athletic activities. They also said the single suites on that ship will be about the size of the current cabins on the existing ships but that all others would be over 400 square ft.

They said the average age is now 56. They said 52% of the guests on any given cruise are repeaters and that 97.5% of those surveyed on the cruises say they will come back. Theyalso said they have 65 - 75,000 guests per year and that 150,000 households have sailed.

Another tidbit was that the youngest passenger to sail Minerva was 4 years old, and the oldest was 102.

Archived