Band - Wavelength

Bakermania

I see on their website that someone tagged them in a photo from their first theatre show performance. It looks AWESOME! Quite a step up from the Explorer's Lounge stage. I understand they're doing another show this cruise so maybe this weekend someone will tell us about it and/or have some pictures to show. Hope so!

I see on their website that someone tagged them in a photo from their first theatre show performance. It looks AWESOME! Quite a step up from the Explorer's Lounge stage. I understand they're doing another show this cruise so maybe this weekend someone will tell us about it and/or have some pictures to show. Hope so!

Where are these pictures? I couldn't find them.

We took some pics I will post them shortly as soon as we download them off camera (little slow getting this done since we are back to work life back to crazy). We were on 7/28 which is the first sailing they did the rock concert in the theatre. Promise I will post soon ... ! Cathy

Where are these pictures? I couldn't find them.

I found them in their photo album titled 'tagged photos'. Someone tagged them during their concert, looks so cool. :cool:

BTW, I think you have to be their MySpace 'friend' to view their photos.

Judy

I will be posting as soon as my laptop returns from being repaired. Im on my old desktop that freezes up alot so its useless to even try.

Ill post back on here when Ive uploaded the photos. It could take a week before I get my laptop back.

My friend that was on the cruise with me also has a nice shot of herself and the band. Ill get her memory card and upload that as well. She took some photos of me singing with them too. I had such a good time.

If you live in NYC or vicinity you can come and see me with my band. We play out every single weekend.

Hi Marge, just wondering if you were able to upload any photos yet?

We just got off the 8/6 CB cruise and Wavelength and the ships band rocked the house down on the last night with a concert in the Princess theater. I heartily enjoyed it and they got multiple standing ovations - both before and after their encore. Show seemed to be the same mix that was posted for the previous cruise.

Great Marge, thanks!

The band has now done three theatre shows, I sure hope someone will come on and tell us more about them! They've posted some photos from their first concert on their MySpace website. Looks pretty awesome I must say. :cool:

My daughter just finished her contract on the CB so she was there for the first two theater shows. She said the shows went over great and Wavelength had a packed house both nights. She said the shows were really good. I'm glad they put those guys in the big theater. I just wish I had a chance to see it.

My daughter just finished her contract on the CB so she was there for the first two theater shows. She said the shows went over great and Wavelength had a packed house both nights. She said the shows were really good. I'm glad they put those guys in the big theater. I just wish I had a chance to see it.

What position did your daughter have on the ship? Did you get special pricing being that you have a family member on staff? Also, how did she go about getting a job on the ship? I would love to play (I'm a drummer) on a ship during the summer. I am a teacher, so I am off for 2 months, but I hear contracts are usually 6 months.

Hi All

I agree that Wavelength are excellent. On the CB sailing Aug15-24 they also did a show in the Princess Theater that was packed. I was wondering whether Sarge had compared the "So you want to be a rock star" with Wavelength on anyone else's cruise? It was really funny and one of the best hours of entertainment we had on the ship.

What position did your daughter have on the ship? Did you get special pricing being that you have a family member on staff? Also, how did she go about getting a job on the ship? I would love to play (I'm a drummer) on a ship during the summer. I am a teacher, so I am off for 2 months, but I hear contracts are usually 6 months.

You are correct, the contract for performers is 6 months on board plus rehersal time prior to boarding. I'm guessing it is the same for the musicians, but I'm not positive. My daughter is part of the production shows. She had to go thorugh an audition process to get her job. Again I'm not sure what the process for musicians would be. There are several websites with information on cruiseship jobs. Just do a search and you'll find more information than I could ever give you. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
You are correct, the contract for performers is 6 months on board plus rehersal time prior to boarding. I'm guessing it is the same for the musicians, but I'm not positive. My daughter is part of the production shows. She had to go thorugh an audition process to get her job. Again I'm not sure what the process for musicians would be. There are several websites with information on cruiseship jobs. Just do a search and you'll find more information than I could ever give you. Good luck.

Thanks for the info!! Is your daughter still on the CB? I am glad you had a great cruise!! Be well,

Freddie

Hi Guys,

It is a little different for musicians. My wife and I have worked for Princess for the last 3 1/2 years as a duo....great company to work for.

If you are a drummer with no band, you would come on as part of the showband. That is the band that provides backing for production shows, variety acts and occassionally dance sets and special events. Contracts can run from a few cruises, (usually as a fill in) or some go for four months. It's usually whatever is available and what is worked out between you and the company.

As a drummer, you'd be expected to be comfortable reading the charts, and to be fluent in all styles. It is a challenging life to get used to if you've never worked on ships before, in particular, the sharing of cabins and the rules and duties and so forth, but I would say that if you can do it, give it a try. It's a great life, and you get to play with and get to know some great musicians.

Aloha,

Dave

Elua

Thanks for the info!! Is your daughter still on the CB? I am glad you had a great cruise!! Be well,

Freddie

Feddie,

You're welcome. I'm glad Dave Elua had better information for you. My daughter finished her contract on the Caribbean Princess in August.

• 2 months later...

Well, I do know they're home for Christmas this year, their first in four years and they're not sure where they may go next. (I know Exotique is also onboard with them right now.) As for who replaces them, I'm not sure.

Perhaps someone who's cruising on the Ruby right now could ask them? (hint hint) :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...