Banks Brewery

mel9294

Does anyone have any info on the Banks Brewery tour?

DH wants to do this and a rum tour while we are in Barbados in late Sept. However, I have searched here and found VERY little info and nothing current! :eek:

Are they still in business?

Is this a real tour of a brewery or just a visitor center?

How far from the dock and how much is a taxi? Or best way to get there is...?

I tried their website, but I got an error!

Anyone help me out? :confused:

Thanks!

Cannot help you with current situation, but we did tour Banks Brewery & Mt Gay Rum factories back in 2004. Tour was booked thru Princess. At that time tour at Banks was a visitors center\museum type area and then a walking tour of the brew house, storage tanks, & bottling line. At the end of tour we had bottles of brew to drink, gift shop etc.

At Mt Gay, we saw a brief history film regarding the factory & rum in general, rum punch to drink. toured a museum area, more rum punch to drink, had a walk thru the plant ( which I honestly cannot recall what we saw) too much rum punch to drink:) more rum punch & sipping rum at the end of the tour. Purchased a few gifts & 4 bottles of rum.

I know my info is OLD, but it was the best shore excursion the wife and I did on the cruise and would both do it again if available.

Thanks for the info. :)

Barbados---Glad I wasn't the only one having problems with their site.

Can someone tell me if this is a do-able plan? DH would like to taxi to Banks, do the tour, taxi to Mt Gay and tour there, then walk to Malibu ( I read somewhere that Malibu and Mt Gay are only a mile from each other) (or is it better to taxi? Tour Malibu and relax on the beach, then taxi back to the pier and maybe shop, maybe not. Is there enough time to do these 3 places?

Is this a do-able plan?

DH would like to taxi to Banks, do the tour, taxi to Mt Gay and tour there, then walk to Malibu

(I read somewhere that Malibu and Mt Gay are only a mile from each other) ===> That is correct.

(or is it better to taxi? ===> You might prefer to walk that mile on the beach? See picture below!

Tour Malibu and relax on the beach, then taxi back to the pier and maybe shop, maybe not.

Is there enough time to do these 3 places?

Yes, there should be enough time.

Mount Gay visitor center and Malibu are close to the Port and your ship, within clear sight of it!

The farthest-away site is Banks Breweries, and that's just the other side of the city of Bridgetown

2 maybe 3 miles away.

Everywhere you want to visit is within a 2-3 mile radius of where the ship docks!

You're cool.

This picture is taken from a spot right across the street from Mt.Gay

looking towards the Malibu Refinery and Beach Club at the far end

(see two skinny lil sticks pokin up? that's it

the fatter vertical stack more to the left.. is the power plant for the island's electricity supply

and about 500 yds. beyond Malibu refinery)

Brandons-06.jpg

LOVE the idea of walking the mile on the beach! :)
Well....all you gotta do is cross the road when you exit the Mt.Gay visitor center

and this "force march" awaits you! :D

Brandons-10.jpg

...and by the time you arrive at Malibu

you'll sorely need another two beers each - to rehydrate!

Now isn't that just the perfect excuse?:D:D

Well....all you gotta do is cross the road when you exit the Mt.Gay visitor center

and this "force march" awaits you! :D

Brandons-10.jpg

...and by the time you arrive at Malibu

you'll sorely need another two beers each - to rehydrate!

Now isn't that just the perfect excuse?:D:D

OK, now you just gotta stop teasing me with these pics! :D I might have to pack up the house and kids and MOVE there! :p

Archived