Marimba Lunch after Xunantunich Tour

cruising_knc

Hi! New poster here. My DH and I are sailing on Enchantment of the Seas on September 1st. We're celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. While in Belize, we're interested in touring Xunantunich. I have some issues with my immune system so I went to the travel clinic and got advice about things to watch out for while in Belize. One thing they mentioned was typhoid and they recommend drinking only beverages that come out of sealed containers. Could someone describe the lunch that's part of this tour? Any knowledge about the safety precautions taken to ensure people don't get sick. I know I sound paranoid but as long as I'm careful I shouldn't have any problems on this trip. Thanks, in advance, for any help.

We went on a similar tour with NCL last year and the lunch we had was locally prepared, beans rice and a meat. There was an orange drink that was poured from an open pitcher and you had the chance to purchase water, soda or beer. The food was very go and we drank the organge drink along with a soda. We did not get sick at all, its good to take precautions but you have to remember you are traveling into an area which health codes are not like the US. I would suggest if you are worried about eating that you bring some already packaged foods such as chips, jerky, water etc. The tour of the ruins were great and it will consume the entire day. You will need to make sure you bring water, sunscreen and a good hat as it will get hot. Maybe some bug spray. Do not be affraid of the climb as it wasnt too bad.

Normally all the food and drinks at these resorts are very safe. We aren't talking about Mexico years ago or even the smaller villages today. If you are really concerned do drink only bottle water and don't eat anything that is not cooked.

Nita

Archived