New here and have questions.

p465

I'm looking into an Alaskan cruise for my husband and I around May/June of 2010. Right now I really like RCI and Princess. I like the RCI ships better, but the Princess itinerary better. The questions I have are:

Which is better Glacier Bay (Princess) or Hubbard Glacier (RCI)

Are there any excursions to Glacier Bay?

Is Princess ok for 20 something couple, or would RCI be better?

Sorry so many questions. Thanks for all your help.

Having been to both, I prefer Hubbard for it's size and high level of calving activity.

There are no day-trips to Glacier Bay except flightseeing from Skagway and Icy Strait Point.

Both RCI and Princess are good for younger people - though I love the climbing wall on the Radiance ( http://www.youralaskacruise.com/reviews/alaskacruise2005/cruise2005-304-murray_climbing-0302c.html ).

Murray

We have done 2 Princess cruises to Alaska (Sapphire and Island) and 1 RCI cruise to Alaska (Radiance of the Seas). Both are good lines. However, I think we prefer RCI a bit more. We found the staff to be a little more upbeat than Princess, the ship was easy to maneuver, the food in the alternative dining room and Windjammer was better, the beds were better, and RCI seemed to have more activities. We enjoyed RCI so much we are cruising on the Radiance to Alaska again next year.

After cruising to Hubbard and Glacier Bay, I would say that Hubbard was more impressive. Again, this is OUR opinion - others might think differently.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a wonderful time.

If its ok may I ask which is better NCL or RCL to Alaska we are looking for at a cruise next year in May? Thanks.

Sorry I can't help with the RCL vs NCL comparison. If you check my previous post you can see my comments about RCI.

What I can add is that we have enjoyed cruising to Alaska during the late May-early June timeframe for our prior 3 cruises so much so that we booked May 29-June 5, 2009 for our next cruise.

thank you all for the feedback. I think we are leaning towards the RCI cruise. I have been on a couple of cruises before, but my husband hasn't been on any. I want to make sure it will be a good one for him. Thanks again.

Archived