Empress Itinerary Change?

llarsen

We will be on the Empress this January for the 11 night Southern Caribbean cruise which includes Grenada as one of the ports. Has anyone heard if there will be a change in ports due to the hurricane damage to Grenada? I called the cruiseline, but they said to call 2 weeks prior to leaving and I would like to get private tours planned before then.

Thanks!

There as not been any changes for Granada, and I would not think they would change it then if they have not changed it yet. (Just my opinion)

I would go ahead and book the tours and ask about refund policy so that you know what to excpect.

After all we are talking about a cruise, and as we all know Itin. changes is a big part of the cruise world, they are a necesary evil that does happen.

Sometimes even with out notice.

Hope this helps ;)

We have a Roll Call going for our Empress cruise on the 6th of December. We have also been wondering about Grenada and whether we would get there. One of our posters, Cruzin-K, found this information and posted it for us today. I do not think she will mind if I post it for you.

I just did a web news search on Grenada and found this...

"Point Salines International Airport is open for daily regional and international flights, and the port is open, with several cruise ships planning stops starting in two weeks."

However, the same article also said...

"The rain forest, a popular tourist destination, was destroyed."

We're on the 1/17 cruise, as well - the link to our roll call post is

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=2260075&highlight=empress#post2260075

Peter O, come and join us, and sign up for the meet and mingle!

We've been discussing this, too. I called the C&A desk and was told that RCI hoped to be back to Grenada by the holidays. I know that Princess has already changed some December itineraries to include St. Vincent rather than Grenada, and I read on the ports of call boards that at least one other line is substituting Dominica at this point, but we're still hoping to see Grenada, despite the hurricane damage. We're booked with Mandoo (did that before the hurricane hit), and we know he's open for business already. I'm confident that if our itinerary is changed we will not be charged.

Thanks for the info! We are on the Jan 3 sailing. We've never been to Grenada, so we're hoping RCCL will still make the stop there or St. Vincents. I hope they don't substitute Dominica, as we have been there before and don't care to go back.

Hello!

Saw your post and thought I would say 'hi". Remember us from the Tahitian Princess (Dawn & Paul). We are booked on the Empress for Dec 20 - what a coincidence. We'll be sure to post a review when we get back!

Cheers!

Hi,

In my local Sunday Travel section they posted this site for information about the Caribbean islands hit by the Hurricanes and where to seek information on whether they are able to handle tourists. Even if they were not hit, you can read about them. You can check all of the Caribbean Islands on this site.

I think this is worth posting on here for all of you. I found it to be very informative about Grenada. Just click on a few areas in the Grenada page and it is up to date with information. It also gives a couple of more web addresses for more information on Grenada, and all the islands.

http://www.doitcaribbean.com/

This below takes you right to the Grenada update page.

Scroll to the bottom of this red page and there are two more websites you can look at.

http://www.grenadagrenadines.com/

This one below will take you right to the Grand Cayman news.

http://www.caymanislands.ky/tour_guide/news_details_pub.asp?id=923&site=ky

• 5 weeks later...

Hi DawnPaul!

I just saw your post on this thread, after I saw your name on a different post that you are going on the Empress in Dec. I figured it was the same DawnPaul from the Tahitian Princess, but wasn't sure. Hope everything is going well for you both, and that you have a wonderful cruise!!!!

Linda

As long as someone brought this post up again, here is what is happening with our Dec. 6, Empress cruise.

Grenada has been removed from our port itinerary and we have an extra sea day instead. It was confirmed on the RCCL website by looking at the map that goes with the cruise information.

I do love Grenada and was sorry to miss it but it is so badly damaged that it is for the best.

Archived