tipping again?

xxangelxx

hi just wandering, everyone says that at the end of your cruise there will be an automatic tip charge on the bill. My question is what if you have prepaid gratuities? Will there be another charge? Thanks for any info you may have. Cruising in 4 days, im so excited yet so scared..lol (first cruise of course).

If you have prepaid your tips...the credit will show up on your Sail and Sign (kinda like OBC). So when they charge your Sail and Sign for the Tips...it will cancel out to zero.

Also, I always carry the invoice that shows where I have prepaid the tips.

There have been a time or two when the prepaid tips did not show up on the Sail and Sign card and I had to go to the Purser's desk and have the credit posted.

Nope, no additional gratuities on the bill! You can add to them if you desire via the pursers desk or via cash to individuals (which I favor). Your end-of-cruise bill will consist of charges for drinks, photos purchased, and any other onboard purchases.

If they are accidentally placed, just go to the pursers desk and ask them to remove them (they'll look them up to verify they are paid). Have a great time! Cruising is wonderful........and addictive!

hi just wandering, everyone says that at the end of your cruise there will be an automatic tip charge on the bill. My question is what if you have prepaid gratuities? Will there be another charge? Thanks for any info you may have. Cruising in 4 days, im so excited yet so scared..lol (first cruise of course).

No other charge, it will be listed as (Deposited) or something like this:

The Charge: 70.00 Grat.

Charge Removed -70.00 Grat.

Charge was already deposited (70.00) Grat.

Fred

I agree with the OP about carrying your receipt for the prepaid gratuities. We've had one cruise where they didn't show up on our account. I showed the receipt at the purser's desk and it was taken care of immediately. Have a fabulous cruise.

Not too bad of an idea to tip your cabin steward $20 at the beginning of the cruise. You might guarantee some nice attention because he/she already knows they got something and might wonder if you'll like their service enough to tip even more at the end of the cruise.

I prefer giving everyone cash, rather than doing prepaid. It's just a bit more personal, and I enjoy letting them know that I was pleased.

Not too bad of an idea to tip your cabin steward $20 at the beginning of the cruise. You might guarantee some nice attention because he/she already knows they got something and might wonder if you'll like their service enough to tip even more at the end of the cruise.

I prefer giving everyone cash, rather than doing prepaid. It's just a bit more personal, and I enjoy letting them know that I was pleased.

I have never felt the need to pay anything on the first day of my cruise and I have always received wonderful service the entire week, so if you have prepaid your tips you are all set. I always give a little "extra" on the last night to the ones I felt have gone above and beyond but this is not something you have to do....only if you want to.

Go and have a wonderful time and do not be nervous.....remember we are all "first timers" once ourselves.

Happy Sailing

Dianne

I agree. No need to tip on the first day to cabin steward. That's like a bribe. Not necessary; you'll get first class treatment no matter what. I do tip a little to him and also to the waiter in the dining room on the last evening. Your call.:)

Archived