RCI Radiance-class balcony

berwyn

There's no way to look straight down, really---the lifeboats hang there--unless you can see between the boats! But don't worry--it's not an obstruction at all! (You could book an aft balcony--no lifeboats there!) If you are on a high deck, you will appear to be looking straight down, even tho you're not really--it's an illusion. The lifeboat covers block NOTHING! Truly! The flying fish are quite visible!

I'd have to agree! I stayed in a balcony room on deck 8 on the Radiance, and the life boat "shelf" cover did not block our view of the water at all - it simply appears like it might be because the balconies are slightly "recessed" into the side of the ship. If you're worried about it, I would suggest avoiding deck 7, as it sticks out directly from that deck. I would think on decks 8 and up, you won't see it as an obstruction though and will be happy with the view.

If you look on the picture below, you will see a white canopy that covers the lifeboats on the center section of the ship.

You will still see out fine, just not straight down to the water.

2527048740046097424S500x500Q85.jpg

1526164333069172109S500x500Q85.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, that would be your best bet if you absolutely have to look straight down. However I honestly didn't have a problem with the cover - It didn't obstruct anything.

Here are some pictures from our balcony though. Maybe this will give you a better idea. Both are looking forward from our balcony which was towards the aft of the ship. The white on the bottom is the lifeboat cover. In the second picture, you can see some of the deck 7 balconies below ours, and how the white lifeboat cover basically continues out from those balconies (hence you can't look directly down at all).

100_1499.jpg

100_1207.jpg

Archived