NCL Norwegian SKY: 8/1 - 8/4/08

ftl principal

My partner Mike and I will be traveling on the August 1 sailing of the Norwegian Sky. Although I have read about the concerns with plumbing and A/C, I am hopeful that all will be fine by this sailing.

Mike and I have sailed many times, but this will be our first experience on NCL. We figured we would give it a try on the weekend cruise and see how we like it.

Anyone else who will be onboard this cruise? Let us know.

Mark

My partner Mike and I will be traveling on the August 1 sailing of the Norwegian Sky. Although I have read about the concerns with plumbing and A/C, I am hopeful that all will be fine by this sailing.

Mike and I have sailed many times, but this will be our first experience on NCL. We figured we would give it a try on the weekend cruise and see how we like it.

Anyone else who will be onboard this cruise? Let us know.

Mark

We'll be there. It's our first NCL experience and we have similar concerns after reading the early reviews. Our TA called and they have told her that they moved or refunded all the people in the affected cabins (which will be sailing empty) so hopefully this will mean a less full ship and an even better cruise.

Lee (and Mike, too)

Hi all... After reading all of the hysteria on the boards (and yes, I admit, getting somewhat caught up in it myself) I sent an email to an upper management person at NCL. I quickly got a response which was:

We have identified the impacted staterooms and the on-board engineering team; have been working diligently to resolve this situation as quickly as possible. To facilitate the repairs and ensure that guests will not be impacted during their cruise, we have removed the affected staterooms from service for the next few sailings. Guests with reservations for those staterooms have already been contacted to inform them of their options in terms of changing cabins. As of right now, your cabin 8017 has not been affected.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. Thank you for Choosing NCL.

I do feel much better now, based on this response. At any rate, I am looking forward to meeting you guys on the ship. Would you like to schedule a time and place to meet up for a drink?

All the best,

Mark

Mark,

Sure, it would be great to meet you both. I think we're planning to do specialty dining all three nights and I have no idea when the shows are. Would you like to meet up around the time of sailaway or on the first night around 10? Everyone should be done eating and being entertained by then. I don't really know the ship but the Outrigger Bar looks nice.

Lee

• 4 weeks later...

Love to hear how you liked the Norwegian Sky. I have been on many of NLC's new ship, Dawn, Jewel, Gem, Pearl and liked them. I heard the Sky doesn't live up to their high standards. BF has never been on a sailing so he'll be fine. I am a bit worried if food and service is not up to standards.

We had a super time. The services was pretty good, especially considering the team was just coming together, since most of the crew was new to the ship. That said, they pulled experienced staff from other ships for this and so it all went well.

Archived