The Upgrade Fairy Came and I Could Not Accept !

Mike A

Our group of 9 booked 3 BC Balconys and 1 Cat I Inside for our 1/8 Cruise on the CB. All were next to each other. When I made my final payment we were offered 3 BB Aft Balconys and a KK Inside. The problem would be we would be seperated. 2 of the Aft BB's were on Empress the others an Aft BB and KK Inside on Caribe. Normally it would be a no brainer to accept. However this is a family cruise and we wanted to be all together. I asked around and they wanted to keep what we had Midship Aloha Deck. Oh Well :(

Bummer! I booked BF bal. when the TA booked the asked if I wanted BD for $4 more PP, sure. Well, like the TA said there aren't any BD's left. I got a BC for my $4:)

First time on Princess and a upgrade and I know my room. That part sure beats Carnival.

Thanks to all who responded. Believe me, I wanted to do it. However this cruise is to celebrate my wife's parents 50th Wedding anniversary and the rest of the family overruled me. When I made the reservation we specifically stated we did not want an upgrade since we wanted to stay together. When I made my final payment over the phone, I was put on hold, a few minutes later my T/A came back with the offer from Princess stating that since we booked 4 rooms they were willing to offer the upgrade. Regarding the difference between a BB and BC. A BC is a Standard balcony cabin midship on Aloha and in the forward and aft on Rivera. BB can be a standard balcony on Rivera Midship or the coveted Expanded Aft Balcony on Empress, Caribe or Baja.

Archived