Fort Lauderdale to Port of Miami Help???

rfische1

Booked Explorer a year from now and now studying transportation options. It looks like my preferred airline flies into FL but not Miami. What is the best and most economical mode of transportation to a hotel in Miami, the hotel to port and then the port to FL. Did this last year, but RCI made all arrangements for us.

Thanks

The most economical would be tri-rail, which I think is $4 per person. That will take you to the Miami airport and you can cab it from there to your hotel. Of course, you have to lug your bags and you may have to wait awhile for the next train but it's the least expensive option. Some people rent a car just to drive from one airport to another, or you can hire a car service. The shared ride ones are least expensive.

jturner901, 20 in a row and counting. When the Red Sox are eliminated tonight, we can fall back on our reliable Pats. Just read where Belichick was extremely unhappy with his own job of coaching last Sunday. Dang if he doesn't deserve coach of the decade.

Just back from a 10/03/04 cruise on the EX and flew into FLL. We went outside the terminal and took a Tri-County shuttle to Port OF Miami. It was $17.00 per person and they run every 30 minutes. When we boarded the ship, we went to guest relations and inquired as to getting the RCL bus back to FLL, as the shuttle people wanted a minimum of $48.00 for 2 for the ride back. We paid guest relations $32.00 and received a voucher for the ride back.

The only reason we did not take RCL transportation from FLL was that we did not want to wait around for the bus to fill up and all the luggage to be loaded on. On the other hand, there was another passenger to be dropped off 1st., so it was not direct to the port. Hope this helps.

[quote name='rfische1']when the Red Sox are eliminated tonight...and...Belichick was extremely unhappy with his own job of coaching last Sunday.[/QUOTE]The Red Sox are hanging tough. It's all down to the best of one now. Sheesh, a whole year of baseball comes down to one game. That's excitememt.

I can't wait to see the day when Bill says, "That game we just played was perfect." I don't know what his idea of perfection is, but in his eyes, they have yet to accomplish it. That is the greatest thing he has as a head coach. Never let them rest on their laurels, because when they are resting, someone is working to find away to beat them. He is purely phenomenal! Thankfully, he's ours!

I think Bill cracked a slight smile when they beat Miami, then said that they had a lot of work to do. He's just as drool and elusive to the local media. Everyone is mad for the Sox. Stores are playing the games on their PA systems. It's incredible.

Thanks everyone for the info. I am looking for a nonstop flight from Boston, Portland or Manchester. I have heard that FL is a much easier airport to navigate and is worth the drive. Still have a year to plan.

You may want to try Miami-Shuttle from FLL to Miami. We used them in January for our NCL Sun cruise. They charged $65 for 4 people, and sent a van to pick us up. Here is their info;

Miami-shuttle.com team
1-866-224-4197
2359 Pine Tree Drive Suite 24
Miami Beach - Florida 33140
Ph:786-258-6568 - Fax:305-695-8100
E-mail: [email]info@miami-shuttle.com[/email]
A Miami Shuttle Inc.Company

Rich:

I see you changed your avatar and rightly so. Johnny-Freakin'-Damon's GS, then a crushed two run to top that...sheesh! Talk about dramatic pause. Like six games worth. As Bill Bellichick would say, "They've accomplished nothing." On to the WS. Hopefully our Blue Jays can build up and get back to the show again soon, before MLB decides to move them to Wala Walla or some other silly place. Sorry, no offense to those from Walla Walla!

Hey Yankees, "Who's your daddy?"

Go Sox Go!

Archived