Satellite TV on Ventura

bigpete47uk

Hi Pete,

I have to say I didn't see any large screens in public areas at all - other than some rather large screens in Metropolis!:D (Cityscapes from around the World!)

My cabin TV was only BBC World, Sky News and:D a few prerecorded TV 'Classics' and some PPV films etc. Not aware of any Sports Channels, but then I wouldn't watch it anyway. Lol. No offence intended

H

Pete, We were on ventura a little while ago and the British Grand Prix and some other big sports events were shown on a large TV in the Exchange. Its very smoky there though , though I hear that all public areas will be non smoking later on this year on certain P&O including Ventura.

Hope this helps

Sue

Hi Pete

p&o do have an arrangement to show premiership football, subject to satellite reception.

My OH is very happy that his team will be on sky when we're onboard, so we'll be having a late meal that evening!!

And yes, it will be shown in the Exchange, lucky for us we're on the 1st cruise when the smoking ban takes affect (sorry to any smokers out there), we weren't looking forward to spending time in there, we've got so used to the smoke free atmosphere on land.

Mossie

Satellite reception is the key and it is not obvious when you may or may not get it.

We were on one cruise when they Captain apologised and said they could only screen a 2nd or 3rd Div match rather than the promised screening.

We will be on our next cruise for the first week of the Olympics - JOY :)

I enjoy watching TV when I am at home. When on a cruise, I often enjoy BBC world or Sky News. I like that Kay Burley presenter woman from Sky. She is nice. My friend Wendy is a hairdresser and one day she washed her hair. She was very polite according to wendy. I do enjpy a good movie., and sometimes the ship puts on a film in the movie theatre. The last one I remember enjoying was a one about a boy dennis. He was living next door to a retired couple. he was very naughty and he was given the nickname menace. The little boys real name was dennis. Cant remember the movies name. Anyhow, watching tv on a ship is all about the reception from the satellite i was told by someone.

Archived