Seeking Upscale Singles Cruise

Ozzell

My girlfriend and I would like to meet other sohpisticated and active "middle aged" (40-60) singles on a luxury cruise just about anywhere in the world. Please share your recommendations and experiences to help guide us! Thank you!

hi

i wish i could help i have spent a week looking at all the boards

i am trying to find a cruise with 40+ year olds on it for over new years

had no luck so far will just have to take the plunge and hope for the best

unless anyone has any ideas ?????????

regards

andrew ( 42 single and from england )

Ozzell, Try posting on one of the upscale boards rather than on this singles cruise board. Check out Regent, Silversea, Crystal, Seabourn, or Sea Dream. Not many singles cruises offered on the luxury lines. Those singles cruises tend to be on the mass market lines.

Andrew, unfortunately at New Year's, you're going to hit mostly families and not all that many singles in your age range. I've found for that time of year, the ships are loaded with kids. So unless you don't mind sharing your cruise with mostly families, perhaps you could cruise the week after New Year's.

For an older clientele, avoid the likes of RCCI, Carnival, Costa and NCL. Princess and Celebrity tend to attract those 40 and older, especially on cruises not during the holidays.

I just tried Princess for the first time. I loved the ship, but there didn't seem to be a lot of single 40+ year olds. The Crown holds about 3,200 people, and six people showed up for the "singles meet and greet." I cruise just to cruise, but this ship seemed to have an unusually low number of singles on it. It may have been the itinerary, the Baltics, or the time of year, summer.

I am doing the Celebrity Infinity over New Year's round South America. Again though, I chose it for itinerary, and I will probably be one of the few singles on board.

I just tried Princess for the first time. I loved the ship, but there didn't seem to be a lot of single 40+ year olds. The Crown holds about 3,200 people, and six people showed up for the "singles meet and greet." I cruise just to cruise, but this ship seemed to have an unusually low number of singles on it. It may have been the itinerary, the Baltics, or the time of year, summer.

I am doing the Celebrity Infinity over New Year's round South America. Again though, I chose it for itinerary, and I will probably be one of the few singles on board.

RE upscale singles cruises, I think I saw one advertised somewhere ...I'll try to find it again. That's not much help, I know :o , but I'm just letting you know I think there is one out there. I'll post if I find it.

To CoastalJen: I've been eyeballing that "round the horn" cruise for two years. I really want to do it, and when I do I'll probably go solo. Please post a review when you get back. Or maybe I'll pony up and go in Dec!

Also, CoastalJen, I too cruise for the itinerary, but the ship is also important (e.g. I love being able to go to the front of the ship on the newer RCI ships; and I like breakfast outdoors if there are outdoor tables near the buffet). I've been wanting to try Princess, because some of their ships look good (esp. Diamond and Sapphire), but I've heard the average age is about 80. I've also heard that about HAL. You have any feedback on that? and which of the lines you like, as a middle-age solo traveler?

No way. I think I was the average age on that cruise. It was a BEAUTIFUL ship. It never felt crowded, but then again I did all private tours. I have two more booked on Princess, and I will probably stick mainly with them because they are less expensive than Celebrity normally.

Holland is older.. DEFINITELY..and there isn't nearly as much to do as there is on Princess. However, I like them too. No complaints.

I am not crazy about NCL. The only way I would do them is if they were a LOT cheaper or the itinerary was amazing. I only took the NCL cruise of Hawaii because I wanted to cruise just Hawaii. I ate chicken breasts almost every night because I didn't like their other entrees (and I am not picky). The desserts and appetizers weren't good either. That is the only cruiseline that I find habitually has food that is not good. I can always find something I like on the others. Even if they told me there would be 300 singles on board, I probably wouldn't go on a l4 day cruise with them. I would starve. ;)

The cruise I booked this Christmas has now gone up $2,000. I wouldn't wait too long. Airfare has gone up the same amount. Today I confirmed a private tour in Puerto Montt. It is getting exciting. That is why I booked a trip for Christmas 09. I am learning to book far ahead. There is a possibility I could do the Far East in spring and save a ton (non holiday cruise), but just in case, I am booked for now.

Archived