Crown Princess-British Isles

sltb47

This being a port intensive cruise IMHO it really doesnt make much difference. Sailing up through the Western Isle on one of the sea days I would prefer being on the Starboard I suppose as the mainland and Skye are on that side and in view but, then again, the Outer Hebrides are on the Port side and in view. You'll enjoy this cruise no matter what side your on.

Jimmy

Any suggestions on best side-port or starboard? Thanks

We have sailed on the British Isles cruise on the Grand in June this year. Our cabin was only a inside, but managed to see some stunning scenery on sea days in Scotland, you must have your camara ready.

The weather was cool, could not sunbath by the pool! but did not have any rain. just wear layers.

We enjoyed it so much we have booked the same cruise again for June 2009, and again an inside cabin, but this time on the Crown and different days at ports.

M & B

You must have been really unlucky Rob. Both times we've done it its been glorious weather and we were really close to the mainland both times. A really good pair of binoculars would have been an asset for a better view of the crofters cottages amongst the islands.

Maybe you'll be lucky next time for there certainly will be a next time for us.

Jimmy

OH Thanks Haggis, we have port side! I've seen some stunning pics on one of the boards here of the Outer Hebrides and we have a balcony.....:)

I thought you would like to see some photo's taken of scenery. sorry I have not named them yet, the first was taken in Cobb the others was in the Scotland. we were on the grand in June.

M&B

1473026989_CRUISE2008012.jpg.5caa17dc44f74f8fa6242e6db1565212.jpg

2102263988_CRUISE2008087.jpg.8801603fa3eb0e31546d778a5655cc97.jpg

1326341747_CRUISE2008059.jpg.a22db7dbb10a130e56bd4ed8a58243e0.jpg

25422737_CRUISE2008063.jpg.3a0da444eb198c8d0cb113cf41059e00.jpg

Archived