Quebec City at Night...What to do?

What sparkling nightlife is offered on Oct 11, 2008, a Saturday night in Quebec City?!?

Is the city relatively safe to walk around at night especially around the piers?

Dinner and dancing?

Night time openings of museums?

Special 400th anniversary concerts?

Isn't there a garden dressed up with lights somewhere?

Romantic dinner cruises on the St Lawrence river?

An ultra-cool place to hang out, get a coffee and people watch?

?

later, brigid-

What sparkling nightlife is offered on Oct 11, 2008, a Saturday night in Quebec City?!?

Is the city relatively safe to walk around at night especially around the piers?

Dinner and dancing?

Night time openings of museums?

Special 400th anniversary concerts?

Isn't there a garden dressed up with lights somewhere?

Romantic dinner cruises on the St Lawrence river?

An ultra-cool place to hang out, get a coffee and people watch?

?

later, brigid-

Quebec is safe to walk any time during the day or night.

There are plenty of beautiful restaurants and cafés. But dancing is up to personal tastes. I like a bar called Le Drague, but you may find that to be too crowded and too alternative in nature.

Festivals and special events change all the time, the complete list of concerts, festivals and other events are at http://www.bonjourquebec.com/qc-en/events-directory/festival-special-event/quebec/

More information is available at http://www.bonjourquebec.com/qc-en/villesquebec0.html and the regions tourist site is at http://www.quebecregion.com/e/index.asp

Without knowing when you are going, it's pretty hard to help you. There are some nice cafes and shops along St-Jean that you won't see anywhere else on earth. Then there is Vieux Quebec and it's old charm. There are a number of companies that run scenic boat tours. Croisiere AML at http://www.croisieresaml.com runs dinner cruises and a few other special cruises.

Quebec is celebrating it's 400th anniversary. There is so much to do that it will be hard to pick just one thing to do in Quebec city in an evening.

PS: You missed both the free Celine Dion and Paul Macartney concerts. Sorry.

Thank-you Ephraim! I've been looking at what's going on in Quebec City this summer and wish I could be there. We'll be visiting your city on Saturday & Sunday, Oct. 11th & 12th and plan to walk as much as possible.

A nice dinner out in the evening, walking around people watching is what the two of us enjoy.

I admit that I have a wonderful memory of a fantastic meal at a restaurant in Paris and wish to enjoy such wonderful, fresh tastes again, hopefully in Quebec City. (That is important to me, not the portion size or price.) Any suggestions?

And please, order up some cooler weather and a little snow would be okay too.:D It's REALLY hot here in Florida and by October we'll want a little relief.

brigid-

A nice dinner out in the evening, walking around people watching is what the two of us enjoy.

Then you'll love Quebec! Although they're might not be as many people out in October if the weather's cold... But the area around the dock is wonderful, lots of shops, art galleries and restaurants. I like to read menus until I find one that sounds good (the law states that restaurants must have their menu visible from outside, so makes window-shopping easy :D ) Further afield, Grande-Allée is wall-to-wall restaurants, and there should still be some terasses open (al fresco dining), with special terasse heaters working if it's cold.

I admit that I have a wonderful memory of a fantastic meal at a restaurant in Paris and wish to enjoy such wonderful, fresh tastes again, hopefully in Quebec City. (That is important to me, not the portion size or price.) Any suggestions?

One of my favourite restaurants in the city is l'Initiale, right behind the Musée de la civilisation (Museum of Civilization), which faces the dock. Another restaurant I like further down on the same street is l'Échaudé, more of a casual bistro.

And please, order up some cooler weather and a little snow would be okay too.:D It's REALLY hot here in Florida and by October we'll want a little relief.

brigid-

Snow is a distinct possibility... *shivers*

I followed one of your links Twickenham for l'Initiale and found a reservation form. Would you suggest a reservation for a Saturday night or would we be able to dine early, like when they open at 6pm without a reservation? And dress code! What is the dress code for that particular restaurant and the rest of the city. Here in Florida is so casual!

Thanks, for your help, brigid-

Archived