The shows

xxangelxx

Hi im going on a 4 night cruise on the Victory, My simple question is Do they run the shows the whole cruise? or are they on special nights only. For instance, The comedien, is it every night or just on one night? And is each show different if they do have them every night? Just dont want to do all the shows on one evening i would be exhausted..lol..Thanks for your help. And is there a special dress code for these shows? Im a little too stressed about my first cruise to be able to enjoy it. So many questions, so little time..Thanks for your help

They have a different show every night... and a couple of nights they have 'adult comedy' and hypnotist shows, late at night.

The shows are generally of a very high standard.

They have a different show every night... and a couple of nights they have 'adult comedy' and hypnotist shows, late at night.

We've been on the Fascination, Inspiration, Glory and just returned from the Pride. The shows are different every night and offer a wide variety of entertainment for everyone including comedians (fairly clean for the regular show), magicians, singers, dancers, instrumentalists. They also post in the Carnival Capers what shows are not really appropriate for children because of the costumes. My 12 year old went to all of the regular shows and liked most of them.

You will see a mix of clothing at the shows. Many passengers change after dinner before the show and come in shorts, jeans, but not bathing suits. Some stay dressed. No one notices really at the shows what people have on. There are early and late "regular" shows most nights for early and late seating. The shows that people refer to that are "R" rated are usually midnight comedians and they are labeled as such and aren't in the main lounge (I don't think). You will enjoy the shows if you like that type of thing. Have a great cruise. You will be addicted.

Hi im going on a 4 night cruise on the Victory, My simple question is Do they run the shows the whole cruise? or are they on special nights only. For instance, The comedien, is it every night or just on one night? And is each show different if they do have them every night? Just dont want to do all the shows on one evening i would be exhausted..lol..Thanks for your help. And is there a special dress code for these shows? Im a little too stressed about my first cruise to be able to enjoy it. So many questions, so little time..Thanks for your help

There is only one big auditorium on the ship. So they will do one big show a night immediately after each dinner seating. There's and early performance around 8:45pm and a late performance around 10:30pm.

No one cares what you wear to the auditorium. With the lights out in the audience, you can hardly notice what other people have on. Basically don't treat it like a fancy night out on Broadway, unless that makes you happy (in which case wear what you want).

I would agree . . . a very high standard (for a cruise ship). Definitely not Broadway or Vegas level, but that's probably where a lot of these young/old singers, dancers, comedians either start or end their careers. :)

I live very close to a very high end art school (dancing, singing, writing, directing, etc.) and several of the grads I've gotten to know over time at the local Starbucks go straight to cruise ships. Two ladies I've kind of adopted over the last two years are headed for Celebrity Cruise Line to dance and sing in their "vegas-style" shows. Many of the "featured" singers/comedians are flown in just for their one show and then get off the ship in the morning and fly back to wherever.

Although they have it a lot better than many of the other crewmen, its a brutal life for a young want-to-get-discovered dancer/singer away from home for months at a time, away from possible tryouts and progress.

Archived