Teeth whitening question

Cinderose

I 2nd Ron's opinion. I have had it done on the Glory. Port Day 1/2 price special. Cost was still $100 w/upsells forced upon me, and the pain afterward and the lack of change made me say "Never Again".

Gums were red and bleeding the first day then sensative for the rest of the cruise.

My advice....Use Listering whitening rinse, once a day before brushing, teeth are whiter, gums are not irritated, and Lots Lots cheaper.

What is even more scary that that NCL is going to offer Botox injections and Celebrity is going to offer acupuncture!

I would never put my health in the hands of spa people on a cruise ship.

If your teeth need whitening then chances are you won't wait until you are on a cruise to do it.

I would say stick with the massages and pedicures.

What is even more scary that that NCL is going to offer Botox injections and Celebrity is going to offer acupuncture!

I would say stick with the massages and pedicures.

You forgot the ice bar ;)

Even the pedi would concern me...picking up some funky from a dirty file.

I'd say NO. One of my tablemates had it done, and she was not a happy cruiser for a coupla days. Her gums were so sore she couldn't eat much, and couldn't have any red wine, coffee, and some other things I've forgotten. Said they didn't tell her that until after the procedure.:(

Funny you ask that this week. I just had trays made at a local dentist for about $300 including the solution to last a while and in one week I cannot believe the difference (no pain/gum issues either!) I do massages, nails etc... on the ship but would never let them touch my teeth. My trays are forever and I have plenty left for whatever touch-ups I need. Best of all I have a dentist I trust overseeing the whole process. My advice pay it at home about three weeks before you go and be safe!

I cannot imagine anyone even considering doing this on a cruiseship! Just get it done at home at YOUR dentist's office. People who are TRAINED to do these things! I had the trays made and use the gel. It worked perfectly and very quickly. My husband just had the zoom done about two weeks ago. His teeth were SO sensitive (painful!) for a couple of days. I can't imagine giving over a couple of your cruise days feeling like that! Just don't do it!

I can't speak for the on ship spa treatments but second the above proffered concerns. My wife asked our dentist about doing the whitening and his reply was that the OTC commercial treatments worked about as well as the professional procedures and were so much cheaper that he doesn't even bother with them.

I would recommend that you either spend the bucks and have your dentist do it or go cheap and try the OTC strips, etc. That way you at least have some control over the process, even with the OTC products.

Having sore gums and hypersensitive teeth doesn't sound like a fun way to spend your cruise to me.

(OTC = Over The Counter)

Ok.

I have used many different products that are out there, the one I think works great is called celebrity sexy teeth, funny name but it works great~!

It's so simple to use also...... Check out their website, you can get a three month supply for 100.00. Well worth it, and it is pain free!:D

Archived