Climate control in cabin? Hot? Cold?

Gobigal

I have never cruised and am packing now for our cruise NEXT WEEK!!! (so excited)...

We will be on Freedom of the Seas- this may sound like a dumb question, but how much climate control do you have in your room? We are in an interior room- two kids and two adults- do I anticipate wildly high air conditioning or stifling body heat? What kind of Jammies should I pack?

I am sure I have dumber questions than this in me somewhere... just wait.

• Administrators
Try to bring as little as possible. With four people in an Inside Cabin, you won't have huge amounts of storage for each person.

I agree, and if (even with the AC/heat controls) the temp in the cabin seems a bit cool to your family, you can ask your cabin steward for extra blankets or comforters (likewise, if too warm, your steward should be able to get you a fan for the cabin -- I need moving air 24/7, so I'm expert at greeting my steward, introducing myself, and asking for a fan -- all in the same sentence! ;) )

I pack a bag and then go back and take about half back out of it again... Hard to balance taking as little as possible, and traveling with a six year old and four year old who can easily destroy 3 shirts in a day with kool aid and food dribbles... We might be able to get them dirtier faster than laundry service can clean them...

We do have soft side luggage that all fits inside one another and can be stuffed under a bed, so we'll hopefully have enough room to breathe.

If not, I guess we will just never sleep... :)

Archived